July 5, 2016

May & June 2016 | Favorites

May Monthly Favorites | 2016

It's been a few months again since I've done a monthly favorites post on my blog, and since we're now in the midst of warm weather and many of the products in my routine have started to change, I wanted to update you guys on some stuff I've been loving!

Getting swatches totally slipped my mind so sorry about that! I think I have posts on most of the makeup products though if you're curious to check back on a few of them.


First up on my list is a skincare product, which is Murad's Clarifying Cleanser. My skin goes through roller coasters of good and bad times, with it being in great shape for 2 weeks, then going super downhill for another two during that time of the month. With that said, I've been using this cleanser for almost 3 months now, and I think the overall look of my skin is much better than before, though I still do get hormonal break outs which is an issue I've always had. Regardless, I've known Murad's line as being some of the best skincare on the market, so for how much product you get in this for the price, I think it's worth picking up if you have acne prone skin like myself. 

Next up is a really random favorite, but a few months ago my boyfriend bought me this Fallout Vault Boy watch and I've worn it almost every day since, to the point where if I don't wear it now I feel completely naked. If you're a big gamer like myself, this is a sweet statement piece and I get a ton of compliments at work on it!

If you follow me on Instagram, you've probably heard me mention half lashes in quite a few of my makeup detail descriptions, because I've become utterly obsessed with them these last 2 or 3 months. I love half lashes because not only do they give my big round eyes more of a cat eye almond shape, but they're also 100000x easier to apply than regular full size falsies, and make for great practice.


On the makeup side of things, I've been loving Corallina blush from Milani. Though this has chunky silver sparkles in it, I don't notice them on my skin once the product is actually applied, and it leaves a beautiful, pinky peach glow on the cheeks that really melts into my highlighter and bronzer. It's just a pretty, luminous wash of color, that's perfect for the warm summer heat.

Urban Decay's Aura has also been my most used highlighter lately despite me usually leaning towards more yellow/champagne colors, because I've been wearing a ton of red eyeshadow lately that I think it pairs beautifully with, and the duochrome effect of it is something really special and unique.

Lastly, Maybellines Barely Bloomed lipstick has been my go-to lip color this summer, being a warm, peachy pink nude. This only lasts a couple of hours on the lips before having to be reapplied which kind of stinks, but the creamier finish makes that something I can live with.

So far, this warmer weather has really been making me try out a ton of new products in my makeup drawers that I had kind of forgotten about, so I'm excited to see what the rest of the season brings! Also, I've been on a bit of a hiatus from my blog due to some really tough stuff that went on in the beginning of June. If you want to keep up with my life outside of here, Instagram is a great way to do it! My username is @lizzyxfresh for those interested.


What have been some of your go-to products for summer?

~~~
Shown Above:
Murad | Clarifying Cleanser
Bethesda | Fallout Vault Boy Watch
Oh My Lash | Various Styles Cut Into Half Lashes
Urban Decay | Afterglow Highlighter in Aura
Milani | Baked Blush in Corallina
Maybelline | Color Sensational Lipstick in Barely Bloomed


No comments:

Post a Comment