December 28, 2013

And The Liebster Award Goes To...



So today as I normally do in the morning, I woke up and did my usual morning routine of reading any new posts on my blogger feed, when I read through Makeup, Et Cetras post entitled Time For A First - The Liebster Award to find my name in the list of nominees! Needless to say I was insanely shocked but I'm super grateful to be thought of for such a title :) From what I understand, The Liebster Award is an award given to bloggers that have a small following but hold a huge passion for their content, and this award is a little way to get great but unrecognized bloggers the attention they deserve! I honestly think this is such an awesome way of bringing those of us who put a ton of work into our posts but seem to get little attention to all come together and start our own little community to share with one another :)

The Liebster Award does have a few guidelines to follow, which include the following:

- Mention the person who nominated you with a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Create a new set of 11 questions for your nominees to answer.


So without further ado, here are the 11 questions Victoria asked us :)

1. What's the best Christmas present that you got this year?
Ah, I got many lovely things, but my favorite is probably the PS4 I got for a steal that I posted about earlier in the week! Its still just such a shock and was such a spur of the moment decision that would have been quite hard to top for a Sony fangirl, haha.

2. If you could have just one lipstick, what would it be (brand and shade)?
I actually don't wear lipstick too often lately since the boyfriend absolutely despises it, but my go to shade when I do is usually something quite nude like Elfs Nostalgia.

3. Who's your favorite YouTube makeup guru and favorite beauty blogger?
I feel like both of these things change on almost a weekly basis, but currently I would say that Sokolum79 is definitely my favorite YouTube guru, and my favorite beauty blogger(s) (though they're not mainly beauty) is probably A Beautiful Mess.

4. Name three of your favorite makeup brands.
Kat Von D's line, MAC, and NYX!

5. Name three of your favorite skin care items.
Ooh, this is tough since I've never owned much variety in this department, but so far its been my St. Ives Apricot Scrub, Proactivs Repairing Lotion, and probably my Boots Botanics Day Moisture Lotion.

6. If you could change anything about your physical appearance, what would it be?
Probably either my nose or eye color, I would kill for some Edward Cullen eyes :)

7. What's your latest beauty purchase? Link if you have it posted on your blog.
Because of the holidays I honestly haven't purchased any beauty products for what seems like months, but if I had to guess it would probably be the Avon Mega Effects mascara.

8. What's the most expensive beauty product that you have purchased?
Definitely my Kat Von D Lock It Foundation which was about $38 if I recall, so needless to say I still haven't made that big beauty splurge yet!

9. Assuming you watch Friends, who's your favorite character and why? (Lol sorry, currently watching the show.)
I actually have never seen the show before lol, I've never been a sitcom fan! :x

10. What's the greatest and best thing that has happened to you this 2013?
This is entirely too hard since there seems to be so much that happened this year with more good then bad, but besides having another lovely year together with the greatest man I could ask for, I started my first semester of college this year and I've been absolutely loving it.

11. Why did you start blogging?
I talk a bit about this in my about me section, but I really started blogging as a way of gaining a new hobby since I've always made fun of myself for never having things to take up all the extra time I have in my life, and as a way to sort of find my outgoing side since I'm extremely introverted and quiet in person.

~~~~~

So there we are! Now its time for me to nominate 11 bloggers with 11 questions of my choice, which I admit is the scariest part of the process to me since I'm not creative at all, but I will try my best to make up some fun questions haha :) Hopefully they don't disappoint.

For my nominees I choose:
Makeup With Tea (okay she has over 200 but close enough! ;) )

Annnd for my questions:

1.) What are some of your other interests that don't involve beauty or fashion?
2.) What is your favorite piece of clothing that you own, and where did you buy it?
3.) If you could live in any city, where would it be and why?
4.) Whats the best place you've ever eaten at, and what is your favorite dish at that place?
5.) If you had to either pick wearing makeup or being fashionable, which would you choose?
6.) If you could own any animal in the world, what would you own and what would you name him or her?
7.) What is your all-time holy grail beauty product?
8.) If you could only wear one clothing brand for the rest of your life, what brand would you choose?
9.) If you could become any character from a video game or movie/ tv show, who would you choose?
10.) Do you prefer reading blogs on sites such as blogger or watching gurus on Youtube? 
11.) You're at the mall and you only have time to shop at one store: where do you choose and why?


Well thats all! I'll notify all the people I nominated in case they wanna give this post a shot too, it was quite fun for me! I hope you all have been enjoying the holidays, until next time ^_^

2 comments: