April 25, 2014

April Obsession: Gold Nails

Ah-ha, today I'm starting another little monthly post to rotate with my other ones I usually do about an item or trend I was obsessed with during each month! :) Even though I try to only do one "monthly post" type thing every month because of being too busy with work and school, I think a post like this will be much easier to keep up with doing as its short and sweet, and with summer coming up anyhow it should be easy peasy to keep posting a monthly obsession so we'll see how it goes :)

~~
Noooow we get to the real topic today, which is my April Obsession: Gold Nails.


I've never been a huge nail painting person until recently, but now I do my nails multiple times a week because nail polish just seems like such a nice accent to add to any look! One color I've been loving in particular lately is gold polish. I'm one of those people that usually stick to blacks and greys because I always find color to look odd against my skin tone but when I tried gold I fell in love; it compliments my yellow toned skin so nicely and makes all my outfits have a bit of added elegance, not to mention they're so eye catching and pretty to look at :)

I only own one gold polish at the moment, which is ELF's Pot Of Gold that came in the Disney Villian's box set I purchased a few months ago, click here to check out my post of it. While its not the greatest polish in the world as it chips quite easily after just two or three days, it is one of my favorites from the set and it definitely gets the job done. I've been meaning to pick up a few other brands, but inexpensive brands like ELF I find are great to pick up a color you may feel sketchy to try out since they're only $2 and you really aren't losing much if you don't end up liking the color.


Now, don't laugh at my application haha, I've always been horrrrrible with nails but above I used two coats of Pot Of Gold with Sally Hansens Insta-Dri top coat in Clearly Quick on top. I have to admit I actually prefer using my OCC matte top coat I bought from Sephora though, even with a polish with such a metallic finish; it doesn't matte it, but it does seem to give a softer sheen and smoother appearance, however really anything you prefer is fine :)

Let me know if you enjoy rocking some gold nails, and any obsessions you had in April too! ^_^

~~~~
Shown above:
ELF / Pot Of Gold
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri  / Clearly Quick
---
OCC Matte Top Coat / Flatline

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I love the gold nails! I haven't worn gold nails ever but this looks soo pretty! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I'm one of those people who buys things and never uses them so this was pretty awesome to try out after months of sitting in a drawer, I guess random beauty obsessions lurk around every corner :s

      Delete