November 5, 2014

New In | Clarisonic Mia 2 + Kate Somerville

Clarisonic Mia 2 + Kate Somerville // $150.00

When I first heard about Clarisonics a few years ago, I knew I had to have one. Anyone who owns one usually raves about it and I always hear people say its the one device that has completely transformed their skin regime, but I put off buying one for so long because of the crazy price.

Since I knew I didn't wanna drop $150+ on a face brush, I pretty much gave up on buying one for a while. However, this month, I noticed my laptop had finally been paid off through QVC's easy pay system, so the idea sparked to me that I should see if they have any of their Clarisonics on easy pay too. And well.... its safe to say they did because I now own the Mia 2 :)



I bought the Mia 2 in the color blue print from their site, but they have a ton of others to choose from so the selection alone is way better then I thought. The total price of the device with tax is $162 with 5 easy pays currently available, so it works out to a little over $32 a month with tax. I don't know about anyone else, but considering everything it comes with, that's a dang good deal to me, and I'm totally stoked to finally own one.


This set includes the Mia 2 system (of course), a pLink charger which is magnetic and totally awesome, 2 brush heads including the sensitive brush head already attached to the device as well as a cashmere brush head, a protective travel case, and a full sized bottle of Kate Somerville's Gentle Daily Wash (all claimed to be a 212 dollar value sold separately).


Since this is the Mia 2, it features 2 brush speeds including normal and slow, which is indicated by the ring around the buttons being lit up on either end while its on. Throughout rinsing, the Clarisonic will beep accordingly to how long you should cleanse each section of your face; 20 seconds on the forehead, 20 seconds on your nose and chin, and 10 seconds on each cheek. The brush shuts off automatically when the timer reaches 60 seconds, so I think this method makes the brush super easy for anyone to use and not overdo it.

While I don't travel much, I'll probably use the travel case to keep the brush in between uses. It seems like a good way to keep the brush head more hygienic rather than having it sit on the sink to collect bacteria.


The cashmere brush has long softer bristles which is said to be good for aging and dry skin, so since I have neither, I probably won't get much use out of it. The sensitive brush head is much like the normal brush and is good for all skin types. I love how many more options there are to choose from on the Clarisonic site as well, so it makes it fun to try out a bunch of different versions and use different heads for different concerns you may be dealing with at any given moment.


I have to say I'm actually really excited about this Kate Somerville cleanser too. It has a really nice fruity, apricot scent to it and feels really lightweight on the skin, making it a nice pairing with such an exfoliating brush. Its also listed on Sephora for $32, so coming free with this set seems like a huge bonus and I think I may just have to use it in rotation with my Purity face wash because I love the smell and feeling just as much.

I plan on giving a full on review of both of these products soon, with some before and after pictures for you guys. My main goal with this brush is to combat a lot of the unwanted texture I have on my skin as well as some redness so wish me luck!

Let me know if you own a Clarisonic and if you think its fame is all hype or totally deserved :)

~~~
Shown Above:
Clarisonic Mia 2 With Kate Somerville  // Blue Print

No comments:

Post a Comment