July 24, 2015

Ipsy 'Summer Lovin' | July 2015

Ipsy is a monthly subscription service

I'll be honest and say that when I first caught a peek of my glam bag preview online this month, I wasn't all that excited for any item in the bag, but now that I've actually gotten it in the mail I'm quite impressed so onto the product list and mini review!



As for the bag this month, I think Ipsy has really been on top of their bag design as of late because I've been obsessed with the last three or four I've received. This one is no exception, and the colors on it are so beautiful and perfect for summer. 


Aurora Gel Effect Nail Polish in 4 Alarm Fire | $12.00
I'm usually so-so about polishes in my Ipsy bag but eeee I LOVE this one! It really does have a gel effect to it and goes on super smooth and 'plush' looking, and dries within 10 seconds no joke. With most polishes I have to wait at least an hour or two before doing anything with my hands for fear of smudging the lacquer but I can rub my finger back and forth across this after a minute and not have a smear in sight. The color is also gorgeous, and its definitely a great go to summer shade. I plan to pick up a few more of these now so maybe I'll do a range review once I get more colors :)

Octavio La Playa Sea Salt Spray | $7.75
I've never used a Sea Salt spray on my hair before so I'm not sure how this one compares to others on the market, but I did find it to make my hair big and fluffy when spritzing it on damp hair then letting it air dry. Doesn't seem to be life changing so far, but it is nice!


Crown Brush Pink Tweezers | $6.99
My favorite tweezers I've ever tried are a pair of black tweezers from Revlon sold at the drugstore, and these look exactly like those but in a pretty pink color instead! They have a nice sharp tip that really grab on tight and make plucking as fast and painless as possible, which is a-okay in my book. These are also super affordable as is everything else from Crown Brush, so I'll probably pass on my Revlon ones to my mom and sister so they won't have to borrow this pair from me hehe. 

Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo Lip Balm | $10.00
This lip balm feels smooth and hydrating on the lips, but for $10 guuuurl it better be amazing! It does have a subtle but nice smell too, like coconuts and vanilla, or a beachy vacation stuffed into a tube. I'm not sure if its $10 good, but I am impressed with how nourishing it actually does make my lips feel.

Jelly Pong Pong Eyeliner & Eyeshadow in Bronze | $16.00
I was pleasantly surprised by this product because normally wood pencils like this tend to be really stiff and hard to use, but this product was soft and sticky when swatched which makes the perfect eyeshadow base! I assume because it is so sticky it would transfer or crease when used as an actual liner or shadow though, but the color is really pretty so hopefully I'll still get some good use out of it. 



Overall, this was once again a pretty good Ipsy bag, and I gotta admit that I'm ready to move onto the Fall themes soon! Summer was fun, but Fall is always where its at for me (too soon to be excited?)

Are there any brands or products that peaked your interest in this months bag?

~~~
Crown Brush | Pink Tweezers (Color might be sold out or Ipsy exclusive) 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment