July 17, 2015

Sleek | Life's A Peach Blush

Sleek Blush in Life's A Peach | $6.99 for .27 oz.

Despite Sleek Makeup having a ton of popular products I've seen great reviews on, I've only managed to get my hands on a couple of their face products so far, one of which being their blush in the shade Life's A Peach. 


Life's A Peach is a true pumpkin orange color, that's a great alternative from the usual coral or pink blush options out there. I find that its a great color for the summer and fall, and helps bring some warmth to the face without being too bold or bronze.



The formula itself is pretty sub-par however, and I find the texture to be a bit more rough and dry than I would prefer in a face product. That's a big reason why I don't reach for this color very often, because the shade itself is really pretty and unique from other orange blushes I've seen on the market. 

Because the formula is pretty dry, I don't find the pigmentation to be great either, but for a blush that's not a total deal breaker since you can always build the color up, which I find is possible with this color. You do have to rub your brush around quite a bit to pick up any product though, so its slightly tedious when you have to apply two or three layers on each cheek.


I do actually like the packaging quite a bit though its nothing special, because its nice and compact and doesn't take up a ton of space, and feels slightly more hefty than other blushes in the same price range. Its simple and sleek, which is sometimes perfectly fine as not all brands have to be on Benefit or Too Faced's level haha. 


Overall:

Though I don't hate this blush, I don't particularly love it either, and I don't find myself reaching for it all that often over other products in my collection. The color is beautiful and really unique from other blushes I own, but the rougher texture and slightly dull pigmentation keeps it in the back of my makeup drawer that only comes out on special occasions when orange blush seems like the only viable solution. Though this line is pretty affordable at $6.99 each, I don't know if I would pick up another color anytime soon to try out.


Have you tried anything from Sleek before? What were your opinions on it?

~~~~
Shown Above:


   

No comments:

Post a Comment