April 16, 2016

Bargain Or Bummer | Wet N Wild Megaglo Contouring Palette

Wet N Wild Megaglo Contouring Palette | $3.99

I recently subscribed to Tati on Youtube and have become utterly obsessed with her WTF reviews on super luxury products, so I thought I would do my own little take on a similar series, but with ultra affordable products instead (since I'm much poorer) called Bargain or Bummer! I probably won't be posting these nearly as often as she does, but if I see a really affordable makeup product that I'm curious about, I'll share it with you guys and let you know if it's even worth the couple of bucks. To kick off this series, I'm doing a review of the Wet N Wild Contour Palette in Dulce De Leche today, featured in my most recent Drugstore Haul.



Both the highlight and contour colors in this duo are completely matte, which is why I like to use the highlight side as more of a setting powder as it has a super smooth texture and really brightens up my T-Zone. I then like to go in with the contour side, which is also incredibly smooth and pigmented, and dust it over all the shadows of my face, including under my cheekbones, on my temples, and down the sides of my nose. Once my full face is done, I'll go in with a separate glowy highlighter in the usual highlighting areas if I'm feeling a bit more bold.

I can't even explain to you guys how impressed I am by this palette, especially the texture of the powders. I mentioned above about how smooth both sides are, but that doesn't even begin to describe it. They feel almost creamy to the touch, and while super pigmented contour and highlighting colors can sometimes be bad as it's easy to over-do their effect, I find that these ones blend out so seamlessly that even if you do apply too much its easy to buff away.


I also really enjoy the color of the contour side, as it doesn't lean too ashy and grey or reddish orange. This duo, Dulce De Leche, is the lighter of the two in the range, with Caramel Toffee being more suited for medium to deep complexions.


Needless to say, this product for me is a complete bargain! I have many high-end products that don't even have this great of a texture, and I'm absolutely fathomed by how Wet N Wild can afford to sell this for less than 5 bucks, given the great quality as well as the size of the product. This is a total A+ in my book, and now I'm glad I opted for this instead of the much pricier contouring palettes offered at Sephora.


What is your current favorite product for contouring?



No comments:

Post a Comment