August 31, 2014

August 2014 | Favorites


Oh man, a monthly favorites post on time, am I becoming a good blogger yet? :') This past month has been an awesome month for me beauty wise, with so many new staples being added to my collection as well as rediscovering some old favorites.

MAC Fleshpot, Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Liner, Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil Light

MAC Fleshpot Lipstick // I played it safe with a super nudey shade for my first MAC lipstick and I'm glad I did, as its become a daily lip color for me on work days. Its also made me super obsessed with how creamy the formula is and how smooth the color glides on, so I'm definitely excited to continue building my collection with some more shades from MAC.

Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Liner // I was kind of weary about going back to a drugstore eyeliner after falling in love with Kat Von D Tattoo Liner and having such a bad experience with so many other drugstore liquid liners, but I actually really love this one! The formula is really matte and long-lasting which is what I love about higher end brands. This doesn't flake off during the day and it isn't super watery either, so its easy to work with and apply. It has a nice firm felt tip too so I think this would be great for beginners or anyone looking for a cheaper alternative to their higher end liners.

Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil Light // Okay, I'll totally admit that I never thought I would be using this kind of stuff for anything. I thought the whole "argan oil everything" trend was super overrated but now that I've used this stuff on something other then my hair I'm so in love. You can use this on hair, nails, or face but I really only use it on my face in place of a moisturizer and its incredible! Its not greasy at all and it soaks right into the skin and makes it feel super soft and youthful. I was surprised that the oily consistency didn't break me out either and just this little tiny sample has lasted me forever, so I might just be able to justify how expensive it is for how long it lasts.


Not Your Mothers Lock Luster Oil Treatment // During some intense months of bleaching and dying my bangs every color imaginable, this stuff is what has really kept my hair in decent shape, and now that I went all black again, its helped bring back some healthiness to my hair! I normally don't mind skipping out on some volumizing mousse or leave-in conditioner after my shower if I'm feeling lazy, but this is one product I always make sure to apply before leaving my bathroom, as it helps keep my hair smooth and soft and ready for the days torment. It also smells amaaazing, which helps make it even better.

Loreal Voluminous Original Mascara // I've heard some pretty mixed reviews on this mascara, but I personally think its awesome for a drugstore mascara. It doesn't live up to Too Faced's Better Than Sex or Tartes Lights, Camera, Lashes, but for the price I think its one of the better options for those on a budget. Its a really intense shade of black and makes my lashes both long and full without ever getting clumpy.

Clinique Cheek Pop Blush in Ginger Pop // My first high end blush ever, and I'm super glad it gets to be from Clinique. This blush has a beautiful slightly sheen finish that goes on really natural with a buildable color payoff. I think Ginger Pop is a shade thats perfect for everyones skintone, but I'm super excited to try out the other colors in the line after seeing how pretty this comes out on my cheeks. I love that I can pair it with any makeup look and I find it has a very slight floral scent too... that could just be a placebo because of the flower imprint but either way, I'm in love.

Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown // I know, a total surprise right? But really, of all obsessions this month, this might just be my biggest one. I still can't fathom how I ever even used other brow products because nothing even comes within a mile of the formula and longevity that Anastasia has to offer. I'm super glad they've coming out with more colors lately too because that means more people can enjoy this godly product and that makes me really, really happy. I've heard some people having a problem with getting this kind of texture to work for them but as long as you have a thin synthetic eyeliner brush, the product should do all the work for you :)


I really hope I can keep up with these now as they're always a breeze for me to do and I love that they can provide you with mini reviews on products I've been obsessed with all month long, we shall see :{D

~~~~
Shown Above:

MAC / Lipstick in Fleshpot
Rimmel / Exaggerate Liquid Liner
Josie Maran / 100% Pure Argan Oil Light
Not Your Mothers / Lock Luster Oil Treatment
Loreal / Voluminous Original Mascara
Clinique / Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop
Anastasia / Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment