September 13, 2014

Empties #1



What better way to provide your opinion on a product then proving you've used it up by showing the world your leftover trash? Eh, maybe a few things, but lately I've really been enjoying reading empties posts from other bloggers so I thought I would start posting about my own. This time around theres a whole lot of samples, and a couple of old products I've finally gotten around to using up as I'm trying to finish up some of my ancient purchases that are well over due for going in the trash can.


ELF High Definition Powder // $6
Repurchase? Yes
As you can tell, this powder has definitely been well loved. Its taken me quite a while to use this up as I was using other powders in between (and loose powders always take me forever to use), but I actually did really like it. I normally use it as a setting powder over my foundation and though it can look ghostly if you apply it too heavily, it gives a really nice smooth look to the skin. You can also use it as a finishing powder, which seamlessly blends the look of blush and other face products, making them all look much more natural.

Revlon PhotoReady Foundation // $13.99
Repurchase? No
I can't even recall how long I've had this foundation in my makeup storage for, which is why its finally time to toss it. The one thing I did like about this foundation was that the color was a great match for my fairly pale skintone while most other brands always look too orange or pink, and the very subtle specks of sparkle in it give the face a pretty glow. However, I wasn't a big fan of its more sheer coverage then I'm used to, and I don't remember it even being able to last 6 hours on my face without it rubbing off around my t-zone and looking uneven. Though it isn't a horrible foundation, I don't think I'd repurchase it as theres just better options out there.

Benefit Its Potent! Eye Cream // $34 
Repurchase? Yes
This product has totally made me see the light on all eye creams now. I always thought I was way too young to be using them but now I can see that you're really never too old to take care of your skin in more ways then just washing your face and moisturizing. I can tell my eyes look much brighter and less red now, and I don't feel like I look deathly tired every day anymore. The only thing I don't like about it is that it stings like crazy if you get it in your actual eye, so just be careful when applying it. I may try out a few other brands before repurchasing this since I am so new to eye creams now, but I definitely know the formula will draw me back in one day.


Bath & Body Works Paris Daydream 3 Wick Candle // $22.50
Repurchase? Yes
I've recently become obsessed with Bath & Bodys candles, all thanks to my mom having a second job there and bringing a ton home all the time. All of the scents I've used so far have smelled amazing and left a nice strong scent in my room and Paris Daydream was no exception. I usually prefer fruity, sweeter scents for the summer months but this left a bold feminine smell throughout my room and was a nice change from the usual.


GlamGlow Brightmud Eye Treatment // $69
Purchase Full Size? No
I really loved how this felt around my eyes and how much more awake and smooth they looked after, but I don't think I could ever justify paying $70 for 12 uses of this. I definitely think GlamGlow products are super fun for sleepovers and girl nights if everyone were to pitch in a few bucks, but overall I don't see myself ever paying for the full sizes until I'm completely floored by the results.

Butter London Scrubbers Prep & Remover Wipes // $10
Full Size? Maybe
I love the idea of this being a remover and prep all in one, and the convenience of using this as opposed to a messy and smelly liquid nail polish remover. One sheet was plenty to remove polish from all of my nails, so while the price is a bit high at a dollar a piece for these ($10 for 10 sheets), it worked well enough that I would considering buying the full size in the future.

Hempz Herbal Body Moisturizer // $23
Full Size? No
I love watermelon scents just as much as I love coconut scents, but together, they just make one big, awkward smell. While the product itself was moisturizing, the scent was too off putting to me to look past anything else or enjoy it at all. I would definitely be up for trying other scents or products from the brand, but I'll definitely be staying far away from this again.

Origins GinZing Moisturizer // $26.50
Full Size? Yes
Ahhh the smell of this... if you haven't smelled it already, you really need to. Its so orangey and tangy while still feeling very fresh and clean, and I loved how soft and smooth it went on over my skin. I was literally squeezing this package trying to get every last drop out so I'll definitely be buying this full size in the future, and the price doesn't seem bad at all for the quality you're getting.

Kiehls Line-Reducing Concentrate // $77 (2.5 oz.)
Full Size? No
Things like this are always silly as samples to me, because its hard to tell with such little product if it actually does have any long term effects or not. I did like the feeling of this on the face though and it left my face feeling smooth, but I couldn't justify paying almost 80 dollars for something that I don't need yet.

Kate Somerville HydraClear Acne Gel // $65
Full Size? Yes
I didn't expect to like this but the formula is actually really nice. It feels like a serum going on and it definitely did seem to not only prevent my face from breaking out, but also improving a few areas of redness around my face as well. This is quite an expensive product but I think I would buy the full size eventually for using around menstruation when my skins at its worse, or for any random flareups.

Next time I'll definitely try to limit myself on writing about so many samples haha... I just had too many exciting ones to try out!

~~~
Shown Above:
ELF / HD Powder
Revlon / PhotoReady Foundation
Benefit / Its Potent! Eye Cream
Bath & Body Works / Paris Daydream 3 Wick Candle

Samples:
GlamGlow / Brightmud Eye Treatment
Butter London / Scrubbers Prep & Remover Wipes 
Hempz / Herbal Body Moisturizer in Fresh Coconut and Watermelon
Origins / GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer
Kiehls / Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate
Kate Somerville / HydraClear Acne Gel 



No comments:

Post a Comment