September 16, 2014

Makeover // Doing My Sisters Makeup


Lately I've been somewhat flirting with the idea of possibly enrolling in a beauty school next semester since it is something I enjoy doing and I still can't think of anything else I would want to major in at the college I'm attending now, so I've been trying to practice more and more on doing peoples makeup to see how comfortable I am with the idea.


This time around, I decided to do a full face of makeup on my sister. She normally wears nothing more than some mascara and eyeliner on her waterline, so this is quite a massive change from what shes used to, but I think it came out quite good!

Before, with our horrible lighting

For her base, I applied a bit of Olays oil minimizing toner on a cotton pad, followed by a light layer of Josie Marans 100% Pure Light Argan Oil as a moisturizer.


Then, I used Kat Von D's Lock It foundation in Light 44 as a concealer, which is absolutely amazing for under the eyes and around the nose, including any redness you may have, Her foundation color was a bit tricky since I can't even match my own skin haha, but a mix of Loreals True Match in W1 Porcelain and MAC Pro Longwear in NC 15 seemed to be pretty close. Then I just set it with Covergirls Loose powder in translucent fair (Im not a huge fan of the scent of this, so I don't think I'll be repurchasing.)


For bronzer and highlight, I used Too Faced's Chocolate Soliel bronzer in Medium Deep in a "3" shape around the sides of her face, down the sides of her nose, and down her neck to add a bit of definition to her round face shape. For highlight, I used Wet N Wild's Rose Champagne Glow from the Fergie Collection on the tops of her cheekbones, down the center of her nose, and on her cupids bow. This highlight comes out quite pink so it might not be for everyone... but it goes great overtop of blush to add some sheen too. Speaking of blush, I used Clinique's Ginger Pop on Flea's cheeks as I think its the perfect color for any skintone, and it really makes the whole face stand out.


I primed her eyes with Urban Decays Original primer potion then applied a bunch of Coastal Scents eyeshadows to her lid, including Bombay (1) on the brow bone and lid, Coconut Husk (2) in the crease and outer waterline, Deep Roast (3) in the outer v of her crease and a bit in the corners of the lid, and Arctic Breeze (4) in the inner corner. As a liner, I didn't want to go too bold so I went with the eyeshadow Incognito (5) with a small angled brush. For her eyebrows, I used my one and only love of Anastasias Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown. Since its the only color I had I made it work, but Auburn would have probably been a better match for her hair color.


Finally, it came down to lips and mascara. For mascara, I used Too Faced's Better Than Sex as its been my absolute favorite lately and MAC's Fleshpot on the lips over Jordanas eye primer, which I love using as a lip erase instead since the texture is so thick and dry. 



And thats all about it! I wish I would've gotten some step by step pictures but unfortunately my kitchens lighting is way too horrible. Maybe next time though, if enough of you are interested :)
Let me know if you have any other questions, or if you'd like to see more of these.

~~~
Shown Above:
Coastal Scents / Eyeshadows in:

No comments:

Post a Comment