October 11, 2014

MAC First Impressions // Viva Glam I & Boldly Bare

MAC Boldly Bare Lip Pencil // $16 for .05 oz.  | MAC Viva Glam I Lipglass // $15 for .17 oz.

Okay, I'll just say it: Fall is my favorite season, in case you couldn't tell by the other 90 times I've mentioned it on my blog this month already. The colors, the atmosphere, the weather... I'm just head over heels for everything about it. And to go along with my love of Fall, I've really been playing with more lip colors and combinations lately. The only problem is... I really don't have much variety when it actually comes to lip products, nor do I even own a proper lip pencil, so these purchases were far too long needed in my makeup stash.

I decided to go with one super basic product to make a staple in my collection for any lip look, as well as a super random shade and texture that I've never went for before.

For the basic staple product, I went with MAC's lip pencil in the shade Boldly Bare, which is about as basic of a nude as you can get. Its not too pink and not too brown, however it is ever so slightly darker than my natural lip line, so it's just enough to make a difference in my lip looks. At $16, it breaks the bank just a tad buuut the texture is exactly what I've been wanting in a lip pencil and it is quite long in size, so owning a couple of different shades in these couldn't hurt too much.

As for the super random shade and texture, I went for one of the infamous tinted lipglasses... which can I say I am totally digging. I got the shade Viva Glam I and oh god, its incredibly lovely. Its like a true dark brick red shade with no glitter or sparkle that would probably look great on anyone. I wasn't sure if I would like the texture since I usually hate glosses but I don't find this sticky at all, and I really love how effortless and easy it looks. It has the opacity of a lipstick but the ease of a gloss and I find that it lasts around 3-4 hours and then fades down quite nicely and even. I'm really excited to try out a few more of these now, and maaaybe just dabble even more into some pretty Fall tones.


For some reason (okay maybe my obsession with Temptalia lately), I've been kind of drooling over everything MAC. They're one of the more affordable high end brands and its no secret that they're basically the epitome of makeup artistry itself, so get used to many more MAC related posts to come.

~~~~
Shown Above:
MAC // Lip Pencil in Boldly Bare
MAC // Tinted Lipglass in Viva Glam I


No comments:

Post a Comment