October 2, 2014

September 2014 | Favorites


Like most everyone, I feel like I literally just did my August Favorites days ago... it was hard not picking the same products I did last month because of it! In all though, I actually thought September felt quite long, so I'm pretty sad I didn't take advantage of it and buy a bunch of new products to try out. I've been super poor lately though (okay poor for a frugal person), so I went back to using some of my old favorites I know I can always count on. And if you can't tell by the color palette this month... I'm already in quite the Autumn mood.

This month for me was really all about bold face makeup and quite neutral, muted eye looks so I have a few different face products I've been loving, including:

Wet N' Wild Fergie To Reflect Shimmer Palette in Rose Champagne Glow // $5.99
Okay, that was a mouthful of a name. But really, this month I was obsessed with highlighting my face and since this is the only full sized highlighter I own, it had to make the list. Because its more of a blush shimmer, it is quite pink in color which won't be for most people, but I think it could be a nice change for those of you who usually gear towards more yellow shades.

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in Medium/Deep // $30.00
I've mentioned this on my blog a few times before but I really just love it so much. Its so pigmented and blendable while smelling amaaazing, and the packaging is quite cute too. This small little 'fun sized' one has already lasted me a few months and I still haven't hit pan so I already know the full size will be well worth the money. It is quite orange though so if you're pale skinned like me, be warned that you may have to be careful with how you apply it.

NYX Blush in Espresso (Discontinued?) // $5.00
This is a super old favorite of mine and its probably my favorite blush shade from NYX I've owned. Its pretty dark in the pan and looks like it would be crazy on my pale skin, but its pretty easy to sheer out and its one of those colors that looks great with every makeup look. Plus this is the perfect fall shade to pair with brown smokey eyes and nude lips... definitely all I've been about lately.


Then, a few random bath and skincare products since we're finally getting into the dry, colder months where skincare and bath products become huge staples in my life again.

Lush Shower Gel in Snow Fairy {Limited Edition} // $9.95
Ermahgod, I know, seeing this shower gel is literally unheard of at this time of the year, and some people might want to maul me down for it right now. But don't laugh... I've actually been hanging onto this tiny little bottle since last Christmas and still haven't managed to use it up yet since I like it so much and haven't wanted it to be gone yet. This month I was naughty though and used it practically every shower I took, so now its on its last few uses. This smells so delicious - like super sugary bubble gum - so I might pick up a larger size this year when its released again.

Burts Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes // $5.99
After watching a few skincare routines on Youtube, I decided to start adding in makeup wipes to my routine before washing my face so I can ensure I'm getting all traces of my makeup off, and these were the first ones I decided to go with. I have to say I've been really enjoying the smell of them and love that they're natural, but they can burn around the eye area pretty bad if you rub them too much so I would suggest being gentle when you use these.

Josie Maran Light Pure 100% Argan Oil // $16 for .5 oz.
Awwwh yeah back again for another favorites post. I already featured it last month in my favorites so I won't go on about it again, but this stuff has totally replaced all of my other moisturizers this month and I'm excited to finally move on to a full sized bottle soon.


Annnd finally, my custom palette from Coastal Scents:

Coastal Scents 12 Pan Palette With Custom Colors (Listed in Caption) // $5.95 Empty
Because I was all about bold face makeup this month, I kept it simple on the eyes, and this palette was pretty much my life this month. I used every single color at least a few times throughout the month and I still can't get over how good the pigmentation of them are for being so cheap.


If I had to pick 4 stand out colors from the palette that I got the most use out of though I'd have to say it would be Cherry Moss, Bombay, Oktoberfest, and Deep Roast. All 4 colors just scream Fall to me and come on, look at Cherry Moss... totally to die for.


Let me know if you'd like to see a full post on any of the products mentioned, and hopefully I'll have enough creativity to get some Halloween looks up this year!

~~~
Shown Above:
Wet N' Wild // Fergie To Reflect Shimmer Palette in Rose Champagne Glow
Too Faced // Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in Medium/Deep
NYX // Blush in Espresso 
Lush // Shower Gel in Snow Fairy
Burts Bees // Facial Cleansing Towelettes (White Tea)
Josie Maran // Light Pure 100% Argan Oil 
Coastal Scents // Empty 12 Pan Palette 


No comments:

Post a Comment