November 26, 2014

Eyeko | Alexa Chung Eye Do Liquid Liner

Eyeko Alexa Chung Lash Enhancing Eye Do Eyeliner in Carbon Black | $19.00 at Sephora

In case it wasn't super obvious by now, I pretty much wear crazy thick cat liner with 99.9% of my makeup looks, and it seems to have become my signature makeup by now seeing as I get tons of questions and compliments about it. Because of this, I go through my fair share of eyeliners, many of which are liquid liners since I find them to be the quickest to use for my everyday eye looks. The Alexa Chung Eye Do liner from Eyeko has been one of my most recent purchases, and also one of my most loved to date!

As I mentioned above, I really prefer liquid liners over gel and pencil formulas because I find them to be the quickest to apply from the bunch and usually have really great staying power and color payoff as well. However, liquid liners come in so many different formulas and styles (like felt tips vs. brush tips), so it can be difficult to find exactly what you're looking for with all the options out there.

Personally, I prefer felt tips over brush tips because even though they don't give you as much flexibility with your application, I find them to look a bit neater and easier to use. As for finish, I absolutely love the super matte and long-lasting look that most gel liners give, so I usually go for something that's pretty matte and lasts all day. With this mini checklist in my head, I've found that the Eye Do liner from Eyeko really has everything I look for in a liquid liner and that's why I enjoy it so much.

Eye Do not only has a really nice felt brush tip as well as an almost matte super black formula, but it also lasts all day on me which can be up to 10 hours long, and it never bleeds or transfers around my inner corner or upper eyelid. I also have found that the product itself lasts longer then most other felt tip liners I've used, and hasn't shown any signs of drying out yet despite owning it for over a month now. However, as I said in my haul featuring this product, I was a bit skeptical about the whole "lash-enhancing and lengthening" part of its description since it claims to make your lashes look longer, thicker, and stronger after 15 days of regular use but I haven't noticed much of a difference yet. I'll update this post in the future if anything changes though! I've also found that since the felt tip is very stiff, it isn't as flexible as a brush tip and therefore it can be harder to get a nice thin line.



Overall, this Eye Do liner by Eyeko has become my staple everyday eyeliner in my collection, and it seems to be a really great value for the $19 price tag. Kat Von D's tattoo liner is a similar dupe for a dollar less, but I find that it dries out much faster than the Eyeko one so the extra dollar seems worth it in the long run. Though it can be a bit more difficult to get a thin line with and you don't have as much flexibility as you do with a brush tipped liner, I find this to be great for my everyday eye looks and I will definitely be repurchasing in the future.

~~~
Shown Above:

Eyeko | Alexa Chung Lash Enhancing Eye Do Liquid Liner

No comments:

Post a Comment