November 15, 2014

Ipsy 'Girl Meets Glitter' | November Glam Bag

Ipsy is a monthly subscription beauty box

I was one of those people that always told myself I would never subscribe to any kind of monthly subscription purchase when it comes to beauty. After all, who wants to get a random box in the mail every month with sample mystery products when they could save the money for full sized products they actually want? But that's when I discovered Ipsy.


Ipsy is a super affordable subscription box that ships out for $10 a month with free shipping for those of us who live in the USA. The box can include both sample size as well as full sized products so for 10 dollars every a month you really aren't losing much, even if you only like one or two product out of the bunch. Each month the subscription also includes a limited edition makeup bag that the products come in which seems like a fun added bonus that I haven't seen from other companies. While the products are still a surprise every month, it leaves something fun for you to look forward to and is a nice way to try out brands you've either never tried before or haven't even heard of.


This month is the November 2014 Glam Bag with the theme 'Girl Meets Glitter', which is not only my first bag from Ipsy, but also my first subscription box ever, so here are my thoughts on everything I got as well as what I think about subscribing to more of these kinds of things in the future!

To start, the bag this month is this super pretty silver glitter pouch. At first I thought this was one of those nasty glitter pouches where the glitter gets everywhere and fall off, but its actually all plastic so it isn't an issue at all :) Then the products I got include:

It Cosmetics | Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer in Neutral Medium
At first I was really disappointed that this would be too dark for me, but after swatching it it seems like it'll be a nice match for my skin so I'm insanely excited to try it out after all the hype I've heard about it! I've never tried anything from It Cosmetics but have heard great things about them so this seems like a perfect place to start.

J. Cat Beauty | Wonder Lip Paint in Mad Splatter
Again, something I'm really excited to try out and I don't own any shade like it either. Its a really pretty magenta color with blue shimmer throughout so I think it'll be really fun to play around with since its not a color I'm used to using at all. I already own a lip tar from OCC too and really like it so I'm curious if this line will end up being a good dupe for them :)

Marc Anthony | Oil Of Morocco Argan Oil Hairspray
I know this is a product most people would be so-so about, but I actually just ran out of the hairspray I've currently been using by Herbal Essences so this is perfect! I've also became obsessed with anything argan oil lately so I'm really excited to see if this is any better than regular sprays.

Starlooks | Gem Eye Pencil in Ultra Olive
Not a color I'd normally grab but I've been wanting to get a few eye pencils lately that don't consist of the colors black or brown, so this is a nice change to add to my looks and its super creamy and pigmented from what I've swatched so far.

SeaRx | Birch Sap Moisturizing Lotion (Face & Body)
This is probably the only product this month that I'm kind of 'meh' about, since its nothing I've ever heard of and you get really little product in the tube, but I've seen most people say they like it so hopefully I'll get some use out of it afterall :)

Though these are the products I received, there are over 20 different products that can come in your bag each month so its fun if your friends or other family members are subscribed as well because they can receive different products from you, and you can trade with them if you don't like something you received!

Gem Eye Pencil in Ultra Olive, Wonder Lip Paint in Mad Splatter, Bye Bye Under Eye in Neutral Medium

As for my first bag, I'm honestly way happier with it than I even expected. I think I was worried most about receiving colors and products that don't work on my skintone or that I personally don't enjoy using and while all the colors I received are very uncommon in my makeup looks, they're all shades I would love to try out and get more used to. I think for $10 a month this is a cute little way to try out products you would never usually pick up on a normal shopping trip, and I may venture into more beauty box subscriptions in the near future if the next few months of Ipsy keep impressing me :))

~~~
Shown Above:

Ipsy Glam Bag | Subscribe Here

Products Received:
It Cosmetics // Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer in Neutral Medium
J. Cat Beauty // Wonder Lip Paint in Mad Splatter
Marc Anthony // Oil Of Morocco Argan Oil Hairspray
Starlooks // Gem Eye Pencil in Ultra Olive
SeaRx // Birch Sap Moisturizing Lotion 


No comments:

Post a Comment