January 30, 2015

January 2015 | Favorites


Despite being a new year and the month where we're all trying out all the new products we received for Christmas, I actually didn't have a load of favorites this month because I was experimenting with so many different products. I did manage to pick out a few that stood out to me in January though that I seemed to keep reaching for.



For the face products this month, I felt like Ben Nyes Neutral Set powder and Maybellines Instant Age Rewind concealer were both hits for me. I really like this loose Ben Nye powder because unlike some other white powders, it doesn't give that pale white cast to the skin or look really heavy and you get sooo much product for a pretty nice bargain. The only thing I will say is that this stuff is really annoying to get out. The sifter sits at the top of the opening so you either have to dump a little in the cap or onto a flat palette to actually get product out, which seems a bit wasteful. The opposite is true for this concealer though. I thought that the weird sponge thing at the top would also waste a lot of product but I actually think I waste less product this way rather than squeezey ones where I have to put it on the back of my hand first. I got the shade Light which is ever so slightly too dark for me but its not very noticeable and I really like the coverage this gives without creasing or rubbing off on me.


Next up is my go-to brow duo this month, which was a mix of Anastasia's Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown and NYXs Eyebrow Cake Powder in Black/Grey. I really like these two products apart, but together they're amaaazing. Since I shave the ends of my eyebrows off, I use the Dipbrow through the ends to give a really bold, crisp tail to my brows and use the lighter color of the Eyebrow Cake Powder through the fronts for a soft finish, as I find the Dipbrow through the fronts can be a little too harsh for some days. To get the colors a littler closer together, I just take a tiny amount of the black color from the Cake Powder and go over top of the Dipbrow since its much more brown than the powder colors are. This routine makes really natural yet bold looking brows that easily last the entire day. 


Last few products are a bit of mish mash things, including an eyeshadow, eyeliner, and bracelet. This eyeshadow (as you probably saw in my last post) is Bae from Colourpop, which I'm absolutely obseeeessed over this month. Its really gotten me into purple shades again and its just this beautiful soft purple color with flecks of blue sparkle in it. It looks insanely beautiful on the lid and its definitely my most used shadow from this month. The eyeliner is the Urban Decay 24/7 velvet pencil in Black Velvet, which is absolutely perfect for any use you can think of. I use it to tightline, on the waterline, and even to fill in my beauty marks as I like them quite dark and it has great staying power. The pencil itself is really soft and glides on with ease, so I definitely think I'll be picking up more from this line. 

I'm absolutely in love with this bracelet, which is from Hot Topic. It was super inexpensive so I decided to throw it in with a few shirts I bought and I've been wearing it everyday since. It has this little dragon emblem encased in a clear bead with a really wicked background and since I love everything medieval and mythical, this was right up my alley. It seems quite delicate because it was so cheap so I'm not sure how long it'll hold up, but I hope they keep carrying these because they had a ton of more styles that I really want to pick up.


Hopefully you guys enjoyed my favorites this month since its been a month or two since I last posted about them, and always let me know some products you loved this month that I can check out!

~~~
Shown Above:

No comments:

Post a Comment