March 10, 2015

Influenster Dessange VoxBox | From Damaged To Delish


These products were sent to me for free courtesy of Influenster for testing purposes*

I'm always on the look out for new ways to connect with you guys and other bloggers besides on this page, so when I came across Influenster I was super stoked! Influenster is a website where you can connect your social media accounts and review products, among other things, to raise your social impact, eventually allowing you to receive complimentary products fit for you to try out and review for your friends and followers! Its super easy to sign up and you only have to review products or answer questions that you actually want to in order to raise your impact, so there's really no reason not to join.

Despite being so new to Influenster, I was one of the lucky people they chose to receive the Desssange VoxBox, a new haircare brand that showcases luxury and salon quality at a more affordable price tag. 

I actually saw these recently at my Target store since we just started stocking Dessange, and my first thought was 'woah thats expensive'. Considering I'm someone who usually pays $5 for a 32 oz. size of shampoo and conditioner while these guys are 6.7 and 8.5 oz. for a whopping $10 each, I knew right then and there it was gonna have to take a loooot to impress me enough to recommend these products...

My first impression of the products was off to a great start, after seeing I received the Replenishing Shampoo, Conditioner, and Oil meant for overprocessed and damaged hair. Uh, hello? That's my hair to a tee! Not only that, but each product contains a blend of three oils including argan, camelia, and pracaxi oil. No idea what the last two are, but do I even have to mention my love for argan oil again on this blog? Errr, probably not.


Dessange Paris Oleo Miracle Shampoo | $9.99 for 8.5 oz.
Dessange Paris Oleo Miracle Conditioner | $9.99 for 6.7 oz.

The replenishing shampoo has a nice thin consistency, and has quite a light lather to it so it doesn't dry out my hair. You can definitely feel that the product does have an oily texture to it, but because its a shampoo it doesn't make your hair greasy, and cleanses all the gunk and product out of my hair well. The conditioner makes everything super sleek and smooth as you would expect from one, and really is the reason for making my hair smell and look great after my shower. I also don't find that this leaves my hair greasy in the slightest, nor does it leave any kind of gross or oily film overtop.


Dessange Paris Oleo Miracle Replenishing Oil | $11.99 for 3.4 oz.

The replenishing oil is such a nice added touch, and I always make sure to use one in my hair care routine whether its after the shower, before straightening my hair, or if its looking a bit dull in between. Oils are such a versatile product and this one is similar to others I've tried and loved, except in a much bigger bottle for about the same price as those! I can tell it'll last me at least a few months, which is always a big plus for me when it comes to hair stuff as I like to get into a routine and stick with it.

Not only do all three of the products smell absolutely amazing, but they also have left my hair the softest its felt in a while (thanks to all the bleach and dye that's plagued my hair this past year). I wish I could pick out one of them to recommend over the others, but I think they all work so nice together that its hard to choose!

If your hair is like my sisters though, meaning its quite thick and products tend to make it oily much quicker, maybe try out the replenishing oil or shampoo and conditioner alone first and see how well it plays with your hair. I have to wash my hair daily anyways, so this trio together makes sure that I'm not drying it out nearly as much as I was before.


Overall:





Honesty, I'd have to give all three products that I received two thumbs up. I thought that the high price for a smaller amount of product would scare me off right away, but this is a brand I could totally see treating myself to, especially now where I feel my hair has been at its worst for way too long. Before receiving these products, I was actually about to order a bottle of Wen and see if that would help my hair, but after just a few uses I've noticed such a major change in my hair with these products that I could definitely see myself repurchasing them for many months to come! I think for the quality you're getting, the prices of these products (especially the oil) are quite reasonable at the end of the day.


Have you guys tried Dessange yet? If not, what's your go to brand of hair care?

~~~
Shown Above:

Influenster | Sign Up Here!
Dessange Paris | Oleo Miracle Replenishing Oil*
Dessange Paris | Oleo Miracle Shampoo*
Dessange Paris | Oleo Miracle Conditioner*


No comments:

Post a Comment