March 22, 2015

Ipsy 'Floral Fantasy' | March 2015 Glam Bag

Ipsy is a monthly subscription service

Here I am back with another Ipsy post as per usual this time of the month, so lets dig right in :)


This months Ipsy bag theme is 'Floral Fantasy', with a floral blue and white bag to show for it. I actually like the bag this month, but one complaint: why isn't the theme ever really carried over to the actually products?! I love Ipsy, and I love that they have themes every month, but I wish they showed a bit more through the products rather than just the bag itself. Regardless, this was another great Ipsy month for me, especially with makeup products!


NYX Butter Lipstick in Hunk //
Ahh the excitement is real for this lipstick! Its probably my favorite product I received hands down. I didn't think the color would suit me at all, but because its so creamy, the color is more sheer and bright than I expected, which looks fabulous on my skintone. I'll definitely be buying more shades from this line soon, so I'll do a full review on the formula when I do.

Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil //
I'm always weary of pencil liners like this because I expect them to be stiff and rough, but this ones actually really creamy and pigmented! Its multi-purpose so you can use it any place you want to highlight, but I like applying it along the waterline to brighten up the eye. It has great staying power too, which is a huge plus for a creamy pencil like this.

Pixi Mineral Duo in Apricot Glow //
I've wanted to try Pixi products for years after seeing that Target carries them, but was always scared away by the high prices. I'm glad I've finally gotten the chance to check them out though, so hopefully this product will open me up to purchasing more from the brand.


LeeAnni Eco 3 in 1 Revolution Light //
This product is supposed to be a toner, serum, and moisturizer in one, and so far I like it. I still use a toner with it because my skin will go nuts if I don't, but as a moisturizer its hydrating and comfortable on the skin, making it feel softer and supple after use. I love that Ipsy supports less known brands like this, but I wish the packaging was a bit better because I would've never known the name of the actual brand had I not seen it on the Ipsy website!

Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels //
I honestly don't have too many problems with my under eye area apart from a few fine lines after being a bit too rough when removing my makeup in high school, so I didn't notice too much of a difference after using these to be honest. They did have a pretty noticeable cooling sensation when on though, and even got pretty uncomfortable after removing them since the sensation lingers. I have sensitive skin as it is, so I would say pass on these if you do as well as it seems to be just a bit too harsh on that area of the face for those of you like me.


Let me know what items you guys think sound exciting from this months bag, and some butter lipstick colors I should pick up in my next NYX purchase!

~~~~
Shown Above:
Ipsy | Glam Bag Subscription
NYX | Butter Lipstick in Hunk
Chella | Ivory Lace Highlighter
Pixi | Mineral Duo in Apricot Glow
LeeAnni Eco | 3 in 1 Revolution Light
Skyn Iceland | Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels

No comments:

Post a Comment