March 25, 2015

Too Faced | La Creme Lipstick in Nude Beach

Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Nude Beach  | $22 for .11 oz.

Finally, here I am posting the first installment in my mini Too Faced review series, going way back from when I received the Better Than Chocolate box set from HSN in February! Today I'm starting out with the La Creme lipstick included in the set, in the shade Nude Beach,

As you can guess by the name, these La Creme lipsticks are meant to be creamy, moisturizing lip colors with great pigmentation that leave the lips with a nice, hydrated finish. These definitely aren't matte by any means, but they aren't too glossy either, so its a nice balance between the two where they don't slip on the lips but they don't settle into fine lines or get dry either.


Nude Beach is a pretty standard nude shade, that leans a bit more towards the darker end of the nude spectrum on me. I personally prefer paler nudes because I have such a light complexion, but this shade is still quite flattering for anyone! Especially you medium toned ladies out there. I find that its just slightly darker than my normal lip color, and really enhances the look and shape of them when worn.

The formula is easy to sheer out or build up to an extent, so you can definitely find what works best and looks most flattering on you. I personally love how creamy this lipstick is as well. Since my lips feel dry and chapped 24/7, this is an easy go-to lipstick when I want something effortless and easy without having to be uncomfortable with dried out lips all day. It glides on quick and easy, so though it won't last through eating or drinking, the silicone sealed cap allows you to throw it in your purse without worries and apply it as needed throughout the day.


With that said, this lipstick isn't very long lasting by any means, finding that I get maybe 2-3 hours of wear out of it before having to reapply for color and hydration again. Longevity issues are pretty typical with creamy lipsticks though, so I'll let it slide.

So with lovely packaging, a great even application, and being super comfortable on the lips, you may be wondering what this lipstick could possibly be lacking in besides the longevity? And in my opinion, my biggest problem with it is the price. To be fair, there are many brands out there with similar formulas for the same (if not higher) price, but there are also many more you can find in the drugstore for a fraction of the cost. Finding a creamy, pigmented lipstick doesn't take looking very far these days, so I think for $22 each you can find very similar formulas and finishes from many other brands, making these nothing extraordinarily special. The shade range is lovely though, so I could see splurging on a few of the colors if you can't find them anywhere else.


Overall:


Nude Beach is a great basic nude shade, in probably my favorite lipstick packaging I've owned yet. It feels high-end, with a good formula that's pigmented, creamy, and comfortable on the lips to match. Longevity issues and a high price are what turn me off a bit to it though, since you could find a very similar product elsewhere for a much more affordable price. I think the great shade range is a nude lovers dream though, so I could potentially see some of the colors being a splurge purchase if you really can't find them anywhere else. Overall, I'd say this is a great lip product, I just wish they'd lower the price!


Let me know if you guys have tried out this line, and if you think that the packaging and formula out weigh the price or not :)

~~~~
Shown Above:
Too Faced | La Creme Lipstick in Nude Beach


   

No comments:

Post a Comment