April 20, 2015

Colourpop | Super Shock Shadow in Mermaid Kiss (DC)

Colourpop Super Shock Eyeshadow | $5 for .07 oz.

I feel bad for doing two Colourpop posts back to back, but I just found out that this eyeshadow is being discontinued, so I thought I should hurry up and post it before its gone! This shadow is Mermaid Kiss from Colourpop, and is one of their tie dye shades. (Edit: It seems like its already been pulled from the site :( Sorry guys!)

Mermaid Kiss initially has a beautiful blend of yellow, blue, and lime green, that once mixed together give you a bold yellow-green color. I found that after the first use as you can see from the pictures, the tie dye print fades quite a bit and begins looking like one solid color. This doesn't affect how it looks once applied though.


Its not very noticeable in the pan, but once applied it does have a shimmery glitter effect to it. The actual tie dye print can vary greatly between each jar as well, but from all the swatches I've seen people post, they all seem to have the same overall color.

Its just as creamy and pigmented as my other Colourpop shadows, with its mousse like texture and seamless application. I personally like to use brushes with this color just as I do with the others, and then go in with my finger afterwards if I still want more intensity. The color lasts on my eyes all day (8+ hour work days), and doesn't crease or transfer to my upper eye area when used with a primer.



I'm really sad that Colourpop is discontinuing all of their tie dye colors, since this one in particular is such a staple summer shade, and I really wanted to get my hands on the other two! No word on how long it'll be before they're gone though, so definitely check this color out while you still can.


Are you particularly upset about any of the shades being discontinued by Colourpop?

~~~~
Shown Above:


   

No comments:

Post a Comment