April 22, 2015

Makeover Day | Gwyn & Teri


A few months ago I posted a makeover I did on my sister that people seemed to really like, so today I wanted to share another one with you guys! I don't traditionally do other peoples makeup (because I'm awful at it), but I had a beauty day with some of my friends at work so I thought it would be fun to do a blog post on their transformations :)

This is going to be a quick post since I didn't get many pictures of them as it was more just for fun, but I do have a before and after at least so you can see the finished product :) 



For Teri, I decided to go with a bit of a natural approach, with a bronze smokey eye and nude lip. For Gwyn however, I wanted to go for the complete opposite, with a bold lip and colorful eye. They both are gorgeous without makeup anyways, but we wanted to have fun and do a girly day so I kind of decided to wing it but it worked out in the end haha :)


Teri's eyes were done using the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette, and Antiqued from MAC on the lid. For her lips, I used MACs Boldly Bare lip pencil to add a bit of definition, and Skimpy from Colourpop as a lipstick.

For the face, I kept it matte and clean, to really give her some color and a healthy looking complexion. I tried to stay with very neutral colors, including a natural, mauve shade of blush applied with a light hand.


For Gwyn, I used Neon Bright Pink from Coastal Scents on the inner and outer corner of the eye area as well as under the lash line, with the ELF loose pigment in Golden Goddess in the center of the lid and inner lower lash line for a pop of shimmer. For her lips, I lightly tapped on Banana Split from the NYX Intense Butter Glosses for a sheerer wash of color.

For her face, I used Revlons Colorstay in Buff to give a flawless finish to the skin. I also used Clinique's Ginger Pop blush to give a more subtle flush of color, so it didn't compete with the bright eyeshadow and lip shades.


If you guys have any other product questions go ahead and ask them below in the comments, or give me some feedback on what you think of their looks! I'm still new in the world of doing other peoples faces so I would love recommendations on colors and techniques you would use for different skintones and face shapes :)



   

No comments:

Post a Comment