May 5, 2015

Maybelline | Dream Pure BB Cream

Maybelline Acne-Fighting Pure BB Cream in Light | $8.99 for 1 oz.

Being a full coverage foundation kind of girl, I've never dabbled into the world of BB Creams. But with Summer quickly approaching us, I really wanted a lighter coverage foundation to try out that won't feel heavy on the skin and break me out all season long. Thats when I came across the Maybelline Pure BB Cream in the shade Light at my local Target store.



The first thing that caught my eye about this product was that this is actually an acne fighting BB Cream! It contains 2% salicylic acid, among many other skin clearing benefits such as being oil-free and lightweight. This sounded perfect for me, as I tend to always break out more in the summer time since I become significantly more oily.

Because this is a Beauty Balm, it claims to have an 8 in 1 formula, including clearing acne, concealing imperfections, minimize the look of pores, reduce the appearance of redness, adjust to skintone, hydrate and smooth, enhance and clarify the skin, AND is oil free. Quite a do it all product from what it sounds.

No Makeup
One Layer of Pure BB Cream, No Powder or Concealer

I would say I agree with at least 7 of the claims this product makes. I definitely think it feels lightweight on the skin, and it has way more coverage then I had anticipated for such a lightweight feel. It claims to be light coverage, but I would personally consider it medium to buildable. I also found it concealed any under eye darkness pretty well, and it made my pores almost look photoshopped! I usually have issues with my skin looking bumpy and textured but this smoothed it all away. 

I also agree that this somewhat adjusts to my skintone, because I bought the shade Light which I thought would look ghostly since I've been fake tanning lately, but it seemed to blend quite seamless into my skin.

The only point I wouldn't agree with is probably that it reduces redness, because it didn't seem to cover mine very well. I notice my acne still showed a bit through as well as the red areas around my nostrils and chin, but its nothing a little bit of concealer can't fix. 


A complaint I do have though is that I had to use a toooon of product when applying this with a beauty blender (almost twice the amount shown above), which makes me think that this tube is going to go pretty fast with frequent use. $8.99 isn't exactly cheap either, especially if I would have to repurchase it every month or two.

This dried to a very natural finish, and wasn't too dewy or matte but still had some hydration and glow. I think it would be perfect without a setting power for days you want coverage without going full glam, or set with powder on days you want it to act as a foundation underneath the rest of your makeup. This wore well for 8+ hours so far, but I would say around hour 3 or 4 it started to get a bit shiny in my t-zone as a heads up for you oily ladies out there.

Overall:

I would say I'm highly impressed with this BB Cream, and didn't expect to like it nearly as much as I do. I love how lightweight it is though still looks like a foundation, and conceals my imperfections while still looking smooth and natural on the face. This wears well during my work shifts too, and didn't feel thick or heavy on my skin like my full coverage options do. I think this BB Cream is definitely going to be my staple for the summer time, and I highly suggest you try it out if you're looking for something lightweight for the hot weather coming our way :)


What are some of your favorite BB Creams?

~~~
Shown Above:
Maybelline | Dream Pure BB Cream in Light

   

No comments:

Post a Comment