June 17, 2015

Dresslink | Haul & Review

These products were sent to me for free to review by Dresslink*

Summer weather is now (basically) among us here in Ohio, which means that it's time for me to start shoving away these super thick, fluffy pajamas pants and being lazy to actually trying out some summer appropriate apparel now.

I've never been one to splurge on clothing however, so when Dresslink contacted me asking if I wanted to check out their website and pick a few items out to review I was excited! They have some of my favorite clothing pieces ranging from printed leggings and bodysuits to cute kawaii pieces and tons of accessories. That's why this time around, I decided to get a few things from each department to give the site a proper review.

Three of these pieces were in my wishlist I posted a few weeks back, so if you're interested you can go check out that post first!


R2D2 Swimsuit |  

The first thing I knew I had to pick up was this Black Milk inspired R2D2 bodysuit. Even though this is listed as a swimsuit on the website, I find that because the material is a little thin and too white, its far too revealing to wear as a swimsuit. I bought it for the purpose of wearing underneath leggings or skirts however though, which its perfect for! I found it to be just a tad short for my torso, but its not uncomfortable to wear and doesn't go too far down on my chest so its still 100% wearable :) I did knock off stars for the short length though because if you're any taller than me or have a larger bust, this is going to be way too small in those areas for you.

I should mention that the print in person is slightly different than it was shown on the website, and a little bit less detailed overall.

Cage Bralette in Black |  

The next thing I got is this cage back bralette top, that I plan on wearing underneath low cut shirts and dresses. The material of this is similar to the bodysuit and almost like a swimsuit type of feel, but that makes it super comfortable to wear and I find that it fits nicely. I do have a very small chest though, so if you're quite larger in the bust area I would be cautious of picking sizes (I chose a small for reference).

This also had padding in the cups which I really love, because it allows you to skip a bra when wearing this so you get the pretty look of the stringed back, and gives shape to the chest too. 



Faux Half Rim Glasses in Black |  

Last for the fashion related pieces, I picked out these faux glasses in black with the 'invisible' half frame. I've mentioned before that I'm one of those weirdos obsessed with fake glasses because I love how easily they can change up a look, so these were a must have for my first purchase. These actually feel superb quality to my surprise for how inexpensive they were so I definitely recommend picking a pair up if its your cup of tea.

I took off a star only because these frames aren't the absolute best with my features and face shape, I think they bring too much attention to my already dark brows!

As a little random extra, I picked up a 10 pack of blank nail wheels for when I do blog posts on nail polish. These were only around a $1.50 so for about 15 cents each you really can't go wrong with them! Who says the blogger life has to be expensive after all?





Overall, I'm quite happy with my Dresslink purchase and I think everything I picked up is well worth the $15 total! These kind of websites are my absolute favorite to shop at because I always find I receive really great quality pieces for a fraction of the price I would pay at big box retailers. So, if you're tired of the selection you're finding at places like Walmart and Forever 21, I think this site is worth a try!

What are some of your favorite online websites to shop for clothing?

~~~~
Shown Above:
Dresslink | Homepage


   

No comments:

Post a Comment