June 15, 2015

Ipsy 'Swim Into Beauty' | June 2015

Ipsy is a monthly subscription service

This month Ipsy is asking all of us Ipsy girls to 'just keep swimming' with their Swim Into Beauty glam bag, featuring products that are supposed to be great for those beachy hot summer days. As always there's 5 (well, kind of 8) products to talk about this month, so lets get started.



The bag this month is pretty awesome in my opinion, which has a black and neon orange color palette with a thick cushiony fabric on the back and the word Ipsy written all over the front. The fabric reminds me of a little kids life jacket or spongey swimsuit, so I assume this bag can be taken on the beach and not be too harmed if it gets wet or splashed on! Its a simple design but its very up my alley.

The products this month include a lip stain, face primer, cream eyeshadow stick, 3 fiber face masks, and small flat top brush, so here's a little snippet on my thoughts of each:


Bio Republic Fiber Masks / Set of 3 | Retail: $14.95 (For 3)
The first thing I pulled out this month were these 3 fiber masks from Bio Republic. I've never heard of Bio Republic before nor have done a fiber mask, so I was stoked to see that they included not only 1 but 3 of these in this months bag, all in different scents and uses. The three I got are soothing cucumber, revitalizing aloe, and purifying green tea. 


Glamierre Flat Top Concealer Brush | Retail: $12.95 
The next thing I saw in my bag was this Glamierre small flat top brush, which I'm already ob-sessed with! The handle is hefty and thick (in a good way) and it feels incredibly durable and well made. The handle has a matte finish which I like on makeup brushes and a gold metal top that adds to the luxury look and feel. The bristles themselves are also super soft, and is probably my favorite item in the bag this month. 


J.Cat Liptitude Hydrating Lip Stain in Blow Your Mind | Retail: $5.99
I've gotten a J.Cat lip product in the past from their wonder lip paint line that I really enjoyed so I was excited to see another product by them in this months bag, but the color is almost identical to another lip stain from City Color I received in one of my last bags (that I never wear) so this is just a so-so product for me. This smells exactly the same as the lip paint line however, so I at least have hope it won't be as bad as the City Color stain!

Tre'Stique Mini Shadow Crayon in Venetian Gold | Retail: $10.70
I was excited to see a cream eyeshadow in my bag this month because I've been meaning to pick a few up for the summertime, and the packaging of this one is so clever and interesting. The color once again is nothing special, but its definitely a shade I can get a lot of use from in the next few months. 

Smashbox Mini Photo Finish Primer | Retail: $9
I'm currently using up a little sample I got from Sephora of this face primer since I'm the only person who's never tried it before, so I was happy to see it in this months bag as well. So far I've really been loving my Sephora sample, so maybe I'll do a full review once I get more use out of this one!


This month my Ipsy bag had a pretty nice array of products, and there's really nothing I'm not excited to try out! I would say the brush might be my favorite product this month while the lip stain I could've went without: but it was still well worth my $10.

Do you like the Smashbox Photo Finish primer, and is it worth picking up the full size or do you prefer another face primer in your routine?

~~~~
Shown Above:
Ipsy | Subscribe Here
Bio Republic | Fiber Masks: Set of 3
Glamierre | Flat Top Concealer Brush
J.Cat | Liptitude Lip Stain in Blow Your Mind 
Smashbox | Photo Finish Foundation Primer
Tre'Stique | Mini Shadow Crayon in Venetian Gold 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment