June 8, 2015

Everyday Palette For Under $30 | Coastal Scents

Coastal Scents Hot Pot Shadows | $1.95 each

I haven't mentioned these little guys on my blog in quite a while, but if you've been here for a long time, you'd probably know I'm a big fan of the Coastal Scents single hot pot eyeshadows. Not only are they some of the cheapest single pans on the market at $1.95 each (and regularly go on sale for 99 cents!), but they're incredibly good quality for the price and include over 300 shades in the range to choose from.

I have done a review and swatch post on some of these many months ago, but the pictures weren't very good and the swatches were a bit jumbled so I thought I would do an updated post to be a little more detailed about my thoughts on these colors.


Though you can choose whatever shades you want from the website, I choose these twelve for my palette, including: 
Top Row: Cloud White, Arctic Breeze, Bombay, Elven Silver
Middle Row: Nude, Aluminum Taupe, Bermuda Sand, Cherry Moss
Bottom Row: Oktoberfest, Coconut Husk, Deep Roast, Incognito



I've found the hot pot line to be quite consistent in all, with almost all of the shades I've tried having very similar textures. They are a tad more rough and dry in texture than say MAC or Makeup Geek, and do kick up some powder because of this, but it doesn't sacrifice anything when it comes to pigmentation for these colors. For the price, they're some of the most pigmentated eyeshadows I own, and I really don't think you can find anything out there that's better at this price point and selection.

One biggie I have with these is definitely pair them with a primer however, because I find that they do go on slightly more patchy when worn without a base underneath. 


The empty matching palettes Coastal Scents haa on their site for these are great too, and come in tons of sizes and styles depending on your needs, such as ones with clear lids and ones that are all black like the old MAC palettes. They also have palettes that can carry anywhere from 1, 4, or even 28 eyeshadows at once and are the ultimate travel accessory when you want some easy to throw in your purse or luggage.

Overall, I'm a huge fan of these eyeshadows for the cost vs. quality, and the huge range of colors to pick from is almost unheard of at such an affordable price point. They have colors ranging from the most neutral of colors to bright reds and blues, so there truly is something for everyone on their website.


Next on my list is to compare these to some of the Morphe single eyeshadows, since that's another affordable brand I've heard amazing things about :) Have you tried any of these Coastal Scents hot pots yet?

~~~
Shown Above:

   

No comments:

Post a Comment