July 10, 2015

Sephora Birthday Gift | NARS Lip Pencil Duo

NARS Lip Pencil Duo | Free During Your Birth Month At Sephora

Yippee, its finally July which means its my birthday month and I was able to pick out my free birthday gift from Sephora! My birthday's on July 26th for those of you wondering, and I'll be a whopping 21 this year :} Yes I already feel incredibly old, what about our 20's makes us feel like we're on the edge of dying already?!?

This years Sephora gift is two NARS lip pencils, which to me seems like an extremely generous gift just for being a Beauty Insider considering the full sizes are $26 each. It comes with both a velvet matte pencil in Cruella which is a deeper, true red shade and a satin pencil in Rikugien which is a tea rose color. I really like that they gave two contrasting yet wearable shades that anyone could pull off, and two different finishes so you can try out each formula.


Rikugien is only about a shade darker than my bare lips, and is the perfect color to me for every day wear. Since this is from the Satin formula, it doesn't really dry down on the lips, but rather leaves a semi-glossy finish which is super comfortable and creamy. I haven't tested the longevity yet, but the Sephora site claims it to be long wearing.

Cruella on the other hand is a deep red color, and is the exact lip color that comes to mind when I think 'date night'. Though I don't wear reds very often, I think this color is absolutely gorgeous and would look amazing on anyone. While this pencil does have a matte finish, I think the keyword here is 'velvet matte' because it does still feel comfy to wear and has a nice soft texture to it, rather than an ultra matte liquid lipstick. I didn't find it hydrating nor drying and it lasted a crazy long 9 hour work day on me.'


Despite being a chubby pencil rather than a traditional lipstick, I found that these were both surprisingly easy to apply since they're so creamy and opaque with one swipe. These are from NARS after all though, so I wouldn't expect anything less from their products.



I have to admit, I'm totally digging these two lip pencils from NARS as the birthday gift this year, and I'm excited to see how they plan on topping this with next years gift now!

Have you been able to get your birthday gift from Sephora yet? If not, is it a product you're looking forward to trying?


*Sorry about the lack of posts this week ladies! It's been a crazy busy week but hopefully I can get back in the flow of things by Monday :)


   

No comments:

Post a Comment