September 27, 2015

Becca X Jaclyn Hill | Champagne Pop

Becca X Jaclyn Hill Collab | $38.00 / Limited Edition

When Jaclyn Hill announced that she had collaborated with Becca Cosmetics to create a highlighter, my heart immediately dropped. I love Jaclyn, and have always heard amazing things about the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors, but never wanted to shovel out money on a highlighting product until their collaboration. Champagne Pop is now my first high end highlighter, and I think it was well worth the splurge. 


Though I'm quite fair skinned, I find Champagne Pop to still work beautifully with my complexion, as its a light golden color that mimics my natural skintone without being too white or pink. It's intensely pigmented so a little goes a long way, and it just melts right into the skin giving a 'glow from within' effect. 

I would say that this highlight's texture is a mix between finely milled and glittery. It does have a bit of larger sparkle specks in it, but it doesn't look glittery or disco bally at all (like NARS's Miss Liberty for example). It's dramatic without looking fake or extreme, and really just gives a glowy warmth to my skin that I find some of my other products don't do as well. I also find that Champagne Pop lasts much longer than my drugstore highlighters, making it through all day as opposed to just a few hours.


If I had one complaint and one complaint only, it would have to be the packaging. While beautiful, I've found that the lid and mirror weigh more than the actual pan of product itself, so mines always tipping over and wobbling around because the top weighs too much. Just a bit annoying and something I wish they would change.


While incredibly pricey at $38, I honestly think that this product is worth the hefty price tag, as well as all the hype surrounding it, as Becca and Jaclyn hit the nail on the head with Champagne Pop. The color is absolutely gorgeous and suits a huge array of skintones, and a tiny bit goes a long way so you know you're getting the most from your money. It makes my skin look glowy and beautiful, and I find myself wanting to cover my entire face in highlight every time I use it. If you haven't jumped on the Becca highlighter train yet, this limited edition color is a great place to start!


Is highlighting part of your daily makeup routine?

~~~
Shown Above:


   

No comments:

Post a Comment