September 7, 2015

Ipsy 'Prep School' | August 2015

Ipsy is a monthly subscription service

Yikes, I'm just now getting up my August Ipsy bag?! As you guys can tell, I'm super behind on posts right now thanks to being sick last month and having crazy work hours, but I'm finally feeling better and my hours have slowed down so I'm trying to get back into the swing of things here in blog world.



This months Ipsy theme was 'Prep School' in erm, 'celebration' of the school season being among us once again, with a houndstooth bag to go with it. I'm usually a big fan of houndstooth but I don't particularly like it on this bag. The texture is kind of odd, and I don't think the plastic material really represents the print all that well. 

Inside the bag, I received 4 makeup and 1 haircare products, so here's a little snippet of my thoughts on each!


Lord & Berry Lip Color and Liner in Nude | $18.99 for full size
I would definitely consider this more of a brown shade rather than nude, but its the perfect lip pencil for Fall coming up. I found it to be creamy and last all day, making it a great product for under darker lip colors such as browns and berries.

Hikari Lip Gloss in Salsa | $14.99
I have a load of lip glosses in my collection already that I ignore far too often, so I wasn't too stoked to be getting another one to add to my drawers. This color is really pretty though, and its highly pigmented for a gloss.

Jesse's Girl Cosmetics Eyelid Primer | $5.99 for full size
I like that this primer comes with a wand because I find it less wasteful than using a squeezy tube, but it's just a little too watery and thin to properly prime the lids for shadow. I didn't particularly like or dislike anything about it though, so it was pretty average overall.


Skinn Cosmetics Eyeliner in Navy Seal | $9.50
Summer taught me that I really need some more colorful eyeliners in my collection, so I was happy to see this in my bag this month. The color is a pretty deep blue, and seemed to stay put on my waterline through out the day nicely without fading or smudging.

Marc Anthony Argan Oil | $5.85 for full size
I love anything that has argan oil for my hair, and this is no exception! I actually really enjoy a lot of products from the Marc Anthony line in general, so definitely check some of the products out if you see them at your local store.


Even though I've been really happy with my Ipsy bags, I've noticed that a lot of the makeup products I've gotten are just sitting in my drawers not getting used, so I may cancel my subscription this month to start paying attention to stuff I already have again. Plus, I really need to catch up on individual product reviews :s


Do you like subscription services, or do you find yourself hoarding too many of the products?

~~~
Shown Above:



   

No comments:

Post a Comment