October 21, 2015

KVD Week | Fiery Fushion Tutorial

Kat Von D Week // Day 3 | Mi Vida Loca Remix Reds & Oranges

Because reds are some of my favorite colors to wear on the eyes, I thought I would make today's look with the reds in the KVD Mi Vida Loca palette a tutorial! I've done a lot of other looks using cool toned colors, so I'm excited to finally have something different for you. This time around I didn't include the brushes I used in the pictures though, so let me know if it's something you prefer seeing or like better this way.



1. As always, lay down your primer and base shadow! I'm using Urban Decays Original Primer Potion all over the lid, with Moulder swept over it as a base color. I'm also concentrating Moulder under my brow bone as my highlight shade.

2. Using the bright orange shade Analogue in the palette, use a fluffy brush to sweep it into the crease and blend upwards. This will act as our transition shade.

3. To ensure we get the brightest pay-off from Destroyer, a corally red shade, I'm placing a white base in the outer and inner corners of my lid, using NYX's Jumbo Pencil in Milk.

4. Now using Destroyer, I'm using a tapered blending brush to sweep this into the crease and into the inner and outer corners of the eye where we placed Milk. When sweeping this shade into the crease, you want to make sure you don't blend it as far as Analogue so we still have a bit of orange peeking through.

5. Because I've found Rewind to be a bit patchy on it's own, I'm first taking NYX's Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean to prime the center of my lid.

6. Taking Rewind, a shimmery maroon color, on a flat eyeshadow brush now, I'm packing this onto the center of the lid. Go back in with the tapered blending brush you used with Destroyer to mesh both colors together.

7. For under the eye, I first went back in with a fluffy blending brush and a little bit of Analogue to smoke out the waterline. Then using a flat eyeshadow brush and Harpsichord, a shimmery burnt orange, I'm dabbing this color along the lash line for a little more dimension.

8. Add mascara, a little eyeliner flick at the very edge of your eye, and you're done! I also added a light brown pencil to my waterline but you can use an orange pencil if you have one, and feel free to use lashes as well if you prefer. For mascara I used a trial size of Lancomes Hynose, and LA Colors liquid liner for my cat eye.


This completes day 3 of KVD Week here on my blog ^_^ Which also means we're half over with all the posts, so if you aren't interested in this palette don't worry, regularly scheduled programming will be resuming by next week haha. I may throw in a couple of Halloween posts if I have time with all the busy-ness between work and getting everything prepared.


What do you plan on being for Halloween?

~~~
Shown Above:
Kat Von D | Mi Vida Loca Remix Palette
Lancome | Hypnose Mascara
NYX | Jumbo Pencils in Black Bean and Milk
LA Colors | Liquid Liner 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment