October 22, 2015

KVD Week | Pink Passion & Lip Of the Day

Kat Von D Week // Day 4 | Pinks & Lip Tutorial

It's currently past midnight and I had a nice long day at work, so today's post is going to be fairly short and sweet using the pinks from the KVD Mi Vida Loca Remix palette on my eyes, followed by a mini lip tutorial that I paired with it :)



For this eye look, I first went in with Moulder onto my brow bone as a highlight, and swept it over my crease as well to ensure easier blending later. Next, I used Swoon in my crease with a fluffy brush, and blended it outwards into a half moon shape. Before using my lid shade, I first decided to prime the eye with a black base, NYX's Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean. As my lid color, I packed on Anthem with a flat brush, then gently blended it into Swoon for a nice transition. (Ps, this color is god awful to blend).

Now working under the eye, I first took Love on a mini flat shader brush and packed it onto the inner part of the waterline, then used the same brush with Swoon along the rest of the lashline. Lastly, I swept Muse into the inner corner as my highlight, and added a thick cat eye and mascara. 


For my lips, I went with a bit of a different approach today, and first used MAC's Lip Liner in Boldly Bare to line the perimeter of my lip line. I then used an orangey nude color, in this case TreStiques lip crayon in Nantucket Nude, and filled in my lips completely just as you would with any lipstick. For a bit of extra oomph, I decided to take Champagne Pop from Becca on my finger and dabbed it on the center of my lips. Pretty subtle overall, but it can be fun to switch it up and do something new!


Let me know what your favorite look has been so far this week, and if you've decided whether or not you want to pick up this palette! If not, what is another holiday palette you have your eyes on?


   

No comments:

Post a Comment