October 23, 2015

KVD Week | Neutral Nelly & Skin Focus

Kat Von D Week // Day 5 | Neutrals and Skin Tutorial

Woohoo, we finally made it! We're now on day 5 of KVD Week, which means these are the last colors in the palette that need to be used, and the last look of the week :) Tomorrows post will consist of full swatches as well as my final thoughts on the palette, but lets get into today's look!


For today's skin, I'm first applying Josie Marans Light Argan Oil as my moisturizer and Avons Magix as my primer, then Urban Decays Naked Skin foundation in the shade 1 all over my face for foundation. I got this as a sample at Sephora and while I have been enjoying it, I don't think I've been wowed enough to buy the full size just yet. Afterwards, I'm taking the UD concealer from the same Naked line, and placing this under my eyes as well as any areas of redness and breakouts. I always prefer to use my beauty blender over a brush with concealer, because I think it really helps avoid creasing as well as too much product build up in one place. To avoid creasing further, I use a pressed or loose powder and a fluffy brush to set  my entire face.


To contour, I'm using Laguna by NARS (my obsession at the moment) in a 'C' shape along my cheekbones and temples. You can do the '3' shape instead and contour your chin as well, but I have quite a wide chin that I find suits my face well so I skip out on this. I also take this lightly down the sides of my nose to give a slimmer appearance.

Now taking Champagne Pop by Becca on all the high points that the sun would normally hit, I'm using this to highlight my face. Lastly, my favorite step, I'm using Cliniques Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop to add color to my face. I start at the apples of my cheek where I concentrate most of the color, and lightly blend that towards my ears for a more sculpted look.



For today's eye look, I decided to switch it up and use Lyric as my brow bone highlight, as well as over my crease to allow easier blending later on. Now taking Noble, I'm using a fluffy brush to sweep this into the crease, forming a bit of a V-shape on the outer corner to make the eyes look more almond shaped. Taking Vox on a tapered blending brush, I'm concentrating this color in the outer corner of my eye, right over where we placed Noble, going about halfway into the crease. To clean everything up, I'm placing Moulder on the lid and Skulls as my inner corner highlight.

For the lower lashline, I'm first taking Strutter on a flat shader brush, and stamping this right along the entire lashline. Now taking Black Market, I'm pressing this right against my lower lashes to give the appearance that they're fuller. Line the outer part of your eyelid with a liquid liner, add a flick, use a black pencil along the top and bottom waterline, and add mascara to finish up the eye! 


That's it folks, the final look this week using the Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix palette! Tomorrow's sixth and final post will be my full thoughts on this palette, as well as all the shade swatches :)

~~~
Shown Above:
Kat Von D | Mi Vida Loca Remix Palette
LA Colors | Liquid Liner
Too Faced | Better Than Sex Mascara
Clinique | Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop
Urban Decay | Naked Skin Foundation in 1
Urban Decay | Naked Skin Concealer in Fair
   

No comments:

Post a Comment