October 19, 2015

KVD Week | Green Spirit EOTD

Kat Von D Week | Day 1 | Eye of the day

If you follow me on Instagram, you may know that about 2 weeks ago I bought the Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix holiday palette! Since it's such a monstrous palette and I wanted to test out all the eyeshadows before doing a full review, I got inspired by Jkissa to do a full week dedicated to this palette instead of just one review post, so you guys can really get an in depth view on how all the colors look, and different ways to play around with this palette.

For Day 1 of Kat Von D week, I have an Eye Of The Day featuring all of the greens and yellows in the palette. Trending with the massive inspirations I've been having lately, this look was inspired by this tutorial here from Sam with a bit of my own changes.



On the brow bone I used Moulder as well as all over my eye as a base to set my primer, then went into the crease with the shade Fran. As a transition between the lid and crease color, I used Vinyl to allow easier blending later on. I swept Lemmy all over the lid, and applied a bit of Black Market in the very outer corner of the eye to act as a liner as well as to add some extra dimension to the look. I used tape along the edge of my eye to get the sharp line you see with the outer corner colors, which is a super simple way to get a nice clean eyeshadow edge. 

In the inner corner I used the color Skulls and faded that into Legend going into the bottom water line, then applied a bit of Misfit along the rest of the water line and a tiny bit of Lemmy again in the outer portion to connect the top and bottom parts of the eye. 


I think that bright green eyeshadow can be one of the hardest to pull off and one of the rarest colors I see on my social media makeup feeds, and I personally find it incredibly difficult to also pair blush and lip colors with as well. Here I decided to go with peachier tones on my lips and cheeks, since it seems to have the best balance. For me, the key to wearing bright greens like this is just playing around with different color shades and placement until you get something that works best with your complexion.

Hope you guys enjoy Kat Von D week here on my blog!


What shades of blush and lipstick do you like pairing with green eyeshadow?

~~~
Shown Above:

Kat Von D | Mi Vida Loca Remix Palette

   

No comments:

Post a Comment