October 15, 2015

Urban Decay's Naked Skin Concealer | Worth The Hype?

Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer | $28

When it comes to concealers, I definitely notice the same 2 or 3 being used by the entire beauty community, with the Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer becoming increasingly more popular recently. It seems that everyone has suddenly bought into the hype, which made me wonder is it worth all the fuss?

Needless to say, when my local JCPenney Sephora recently opened, I knew it had to be one of the first products on my list to buy so I ran over to the Urban Decay shelf and snagged the color Fair, the lightest shade with neutral undertones. 


As with most Urban Decay products, the packaging is pretty, with a wand applicator which I personally love as it allows me to place the concealer in the exact areas I want it, without the extra steps of grabbing a brush or putting it on the back of my hand first. To blend it in, I always prefer using my beauty blender as it sucks up extra product from building up but still gives a nice full, natural coverage.


My two favorite things about this concealer in particular are the color match and finish. As a pale lady, I find it incredibly hard to find concealers that not only cover redness and blemishes but also highlight, and this shade Fair is so incredibly light and perfect for my skin that it brings my features forward while still covering the places I need it. The finish is also great, as its more of a satiny skin texture rather than being ultra matte or powdery, so it looks and feels like skin and doesn't make its way into my fine lines and crevices. Be weary that there are no pink toned shades in this line however, as they are all labeled as either neutral or warm.

I find that while using this concealer with a foundation gives an ultra full coverage look, by itself this product also looks beautiful, and I find myself skipping out on foundation quite often while using this if I know I'll only be going somewhere for a few hours. After putting on some blush and bronzer, it gives the illusion that I have naturally perfect skin underneath.


Overall, if you've been thinking about grabbing the Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer or want to try something new, I can safely say this product is well worth the hype, and I can see why so many people have claimed it as their holy grail. It looks super natural yet full coverage on the skin, it doesn't sink into lines, and the color selection is great for most of us who usually can't find our shade.


Have you tried this concealer yet? What are your thoughts?

~~~
Shown Above:

   

No comments:

Post a Comment