October 12, 2015

Marc Jacobs Mani | Baby Jane

Marc Jacobs Nail Polish in Baby Jane | $18

I haven't talked about my current manicure for a while now here on my blog, so I thought I would share what I've been wearing on my nails lately! The Fall weather has really gotten me steered away from using bright colors on my nails, and resorting to much more neutral tones such as this polish, Baby Jane from Marc Jacobs. 

I've never splurged on a nail polish before, so I was a little weary if this formula could really be worth it, but I have to say as far as longevity and drying time goes this is probably the best polish I've ever tried. The formula on the other hand is one of the most difficult yet forgiving, since it goes on really thick and can be a bit hard to work with at first. I've found that by having a bit more polish on the brush than usual though, I have enough product to spread around evenly and get a nice smooth coat.



Baby Jane is a light ashy beige, that was pretty opaque on the first coat, but I decided to add two anyways for a more even coverage and less streakiness. As mentioned above, the longevity of this polish is superb, with having very minor chipping on my thumbs by day three of wear, and almost 5 days until chipping around the very edge of my other fingers. I would say you could easily get away with wearing this for at least a week or more until moving on to a new manicure, which is exactly what I love about it since I semi despise painting my nails haha. The drying time was also much faster than usual, and I could start using my hands after 5-10 minutes without worrying about the polish smudging or smearing.

I have to admit that I was most drawn to this line for the packaging however; its so different than other nail polish jars out there, and I think it looks so incredibly sleek and pretty in my polish drawer. Don't let the size fool you though, as the actual amount of product seems on par with other brands out there.


All in all, I'm really digging this color so much that I definitely plan on picking up a few more shades from Marc Jacobs's nail line! I'd say that if the pricier cost is intimidating to you, consider picking up a color you'd wear  all the time (such as a red or black) and give it a go to see if it's worth the splurge.


What is your favorite nail polish line?

~~~
Shown Above:


   

No comments:

Post a Comment