November 17, 2015

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream | Tokyo

NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams | $6.00 each

Hey guys! Sorry it's been a fat minute, this is officially the busiest time of year for us retail workers so its been hard working the blog into my schedule lately but I'm back at it with a review today on one of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. At $6 each, they're one of the more affordable liquid lipsticks on the market, so I decided to pick up the shade Tokyo to try out.

The packaging of this is pretty standard for a drugstore product, with a doe foot applicator and matte black lid. I like that it's small and compact, so it's easy to travel with and doesn't take up a ton of space in my makeup drawers or purse when I carry it around for touch ups.



I went with the shade Tokyo since it's a color I don't normally go for, being a bright baby pink shade. Normally colors like this look clumpy and cakey on the lips, and unfortunately I find this one to be no different. I hardly ever reach for this because it looks super chunky and settles into all the lines on my lips. It also feels really dry and uncomfortable, to the point that I haven't managed to wear it for longer than an hour or two without taking it off and switching to another product. I have found that using a lip brush to apply a much thinner layer alleviates most of these problems though, with the downfall of a less opaque color payoff.

The formula of this is closest to a mousse in my opinion, and is much thicker than other liquid lipsticks I've tried.  Because it already starts out a bit dry and chunky in the tube, I have a feeling that's why I find it so uncomfortable on the lips. From my experience so far, lippies with a thinner consistency tend to feel a bit better in the long run.


Lip swatch has been applied thinly to avoid caking

With all of that said, I have heard people RAVE about these Soft Matte Lip Creams, so while I'll probably pick up another shade to try out in the future, I would steer clear of Tokyo as I hardly ever reach for it, and when I do I instantly regret it. A pretty color, let down by a bad formula.


What's a color you would recommend from this line?

~~~
Shown Above:

   

No comments:

Post a Comment