November 22, 2015

Free Samples I Would Purchase

Free Samples I Would Purchase 

Being an avid Sephora and Ulta shopper means I'm constantly being showered in free samples each time I make a purchase, and there's some I've gotten that I've actually really enjoyed! While I've probably gotten at least a hundred samples in the past year or two to try out, here's a couple I was exceptionally impressed by that I'll be getting the full size of.



Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara
While I never thought I would like a $30 mascara (because really, it's just mascara), I've absolutely fallen in love with this one from Lancome. Any time I do a really dark or dramatic eyeshadow look this is my go-to product for my lashes, because I find the color to be super black while also giving my lashes a full voluminous appearance.

Smashbox 24 Hour Eyelid Primer
I did a full review of this primer a while back here, and I'm still a big fan of it! I think the super thick consistency works really well on the eyes, and I find my eyeshadow to go on smoother and more opaque when applying this underneath since it has a really silky finish. A tiny bit also goes a long way, so I could see the full sized product lasting me well over a year.

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Gobi 
So you can't really tell by the little messy jar, but this was a sample I got from Sephora of the NARS Sheer Glow foundation that I ended up becoming obsessed with. It has a medium to buildable coverage that isn't thick or heavy on the face, and the color match is perfect for my skin since it's not only light but also has a strong yellow undertone. It looks and feels like skin, and doesn't accentuate any of the texture of my face which is an important feature I look for in a foundation.


Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream 
I tried a little packet of this product a year or two ago and really enjoyed it, so when I saw Sephora that had a point perk for a mini one this time around I decided to pick it up. While I haven't noticed any long term effects with this eye cream so far, I like how hydrated it makes my eyes look and feel, and it has a tint of shimmer to it that really brightens up my dark circles.

Elizabeth And James Nirvana Black Perfume 
I used to hate getting perfume samples from Sephora and Ulta because they were always one of those things I threw in a drawer and never touched again, but lately I've been exclusively wearing sample sized perfumes! I like that I get to test out scents first before committing to an expensive large bottle, and this Elizabeth And James perfume is one of my favorites that I've gotten. I love that it sits right between being feminine and masculine, with notes of vanilla, sandalwood, and violet.


Share some of your favorite sample products you've ever gotten, and if any of them have become staples in your beauty regime!

~~~~
Shown Above:
Lancome | Hypnose Drama Mascara
Smashbox | 24 HR Photo Finish Shadow Primer
NARS | Sheer Glow Foundation in Gobi
Origins | GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream
Elizabeth And James | Nirvana Black Perfume


No comments:

Post a Comment