January 22, 2016

Eight-Bit Beauty | Best Of Beauty 2015

Best of Beauty | 2015

December is always an incredibly exciting month for me because while I'm busy between work and Christmas shopping, all of the holidays and recollecting on everything that happened during the year gets me so excited. Taking a look back in beauty, 2015 was one of the biggest years in makeup for me, because it was one of the first years I actually got serious about my blog and collecting makeup, which means I was trying new products out all the time. To wrap up an awesome year on Eight-Bit Beauty, I'm sharing my favorite beauty products of the year.


Beauty Blender | This may be expected and on most peoples list, but I'm not sure how I ever did makeup without this sponge. It's the only thing I can use to blend out my concealer now, and it gives the smoothest, skin like finish for any cream or liquid product.

Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil Light | This year my skin went from being normal\oily to desert dry in a matter of months, so adding this oil to my every day moisturizer has pretty much been a must for me. It's also really versatile, as you can use it on both skin, hair, and even cuticles which makes it a staple product in my regime.

MAC Cosmetics Fleshpot | Surprise surprise, my favorite lipstick of the year was a nude! MAC has some of my favorite lipsticks for the price and selection, and Fleshpot was my go-to lipstick for everyday in 2015. It has a creamy, comfortable finish, and doesn't look too sickly light on my lips.

LA Colors Liquid Liner | This was one of my favorite finds this year thanks to Teri, because its not only the cheapest eyeliner I've used, but it quickly became my holy grail this year. The brush on it allows the liner to be applied effortlessly without any skips. 

Loreal Miss Manga Mascara | I went through a ton of mascaras this year, and Miss Manga from Loreal was probably the one I was most impressed by. Being from the drugstore, I think its such a well rounded, do it all mascara, and I find that it lengthens and volumizes my lashes without looking clumpy or flaky throughout the day.



Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix | This palette has been my go-to for color ever since I bought it, and honestly has any color the average lady could ever need all in one place. The shadows are soft and therefore a bit powdery, but they have great blendability and you aren't gonna find this kind of color variety with anything else. Shame it's not a permanent product!

Too Faced Chocolate Bar | Contrary to the MVLR palette, the original chocolate bar palette from Too Faced was my go-to for every day eye looks this year, since it has a great range of neutrals with a few more interesting shades thrown in to add a little bit of interest to your everyday makeup. A cult favorite for a reason, and worth owning.

Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Bae | I'm sure you guys know I was obsessed with this eyeshadow last year, so it was only right to include it in this post. I didn't use it all that much at the end of the year, but this post has inspired me to take it back out of my makeup drawers and play with its purpley blue beautifulness again. If I could recommend one thing from Colourpop right now, it would be this shadow!

Avon Single Shadow in Soft Vanilla | While this is kind of a random  favorite, this is pretty much the only shadow I used on my brow bone this year so I thought it was worth mentioning. It's nicely pigmented for a skin color shadow, and is really soft making it easy and smooth to apply.



Lioele Secret Pore Rich Balm | I received this in the Beauteque giveaway I won back in the middle of 2015, and was surprised by how much I loved it! This is a silky, powdery like primer that fills in pores & smooths texture allowing foundation to apply flawlessly.

Covergirl Stay Fabulous | Out of all the foundations I own in my collection, I found myself reaching for this one the most because its affordable while still having great coverage and longevity. Its comfortable on the skin as well, and has a decent color range.

Urban Decay Naked Skin | This concealer has pretty much been my  baby since 2015, because nothing else I own even comes close to it. Everything from the color match down to the formula is amazing, and I strongly recommend giving it a try if you still haven't found a concealer that works for you.

Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop | For obvious reasons, Champagne Pop is my highlighter of the year. It's pretty much all I've used exclusively since I bought it, because its the perfect mesh of a pretty golden hue with an eye catching, finely milled shimmer.


Unfortunately, I couldn't find any favorites of the year for these three categories, despite blush being my favorite beauty product! There was a ton of products I definitely liked this year, with the Maybelline Fit Me translucent powder, NYX blush range, and NARS Laguna bronzer being some great choices that almost made this list, I just didn't feel obsessed enough with any of them to include in this post. These are categories I plan on trying out a ton this year now to hopefully come out with a stronger list by the end of 2016 for :)


That's all ladies and gents! Thank you guys for an awesome year on Eight-Bit Beauty, and hopefully you all stick around for what's to come in 2016 ^_^ I've got quite a few secret projects up my sleeve that will hopefully be in full swing by the end of the year.

Also, I decided to make a beauty only Instagram, so if you're interested follow at @eightbit_beauty

What were some of your top products of 2015?

~~~
Shown Above:


No comments:

Post a Comment