February 4, 2016

Drugstore Makeup Haul & First Impressions

Haul & First Impressions | Drugstore products

It's been a fat minute since I've done a drugstore haul on the blog so today I thought I'd share some of my most recent makeup purchases that I decided to splurge on this pay day, and some brief thoughts about each product. I've been in a huge drugstore mood lately because I feel like there's so many good brands and products out there that I haven't tried yet, so I decided to dabble into a bit of everything!


The first products on my mind that I knew I had to pick up were from Milani, which I ended up getting a blush and eyeshadow from. Crazy enough, these are my first two products from the brand and I'm already in awe. The packaging is gorgeous, and I'm incredibly impressed by the quality.

The blush is in the shade Corallina and is a bit on the glittery side so if you don't like that I wouldn't get this color, but I personally love how it looks on the cheeks as it gives a soft, light reflective glow. Bella Chiffon is the eyeshadow shade I picked up because it looked semi similar to KVD's Thunderstruck shadow, and doubles beautifully as an inner corner or face highlight as well as a lid color.



I also got a bunch of NYX products, because almost everything was half off at my nearby Giant Eagle. I pretty much got one of every color that was left in the jumbo pencils and single eyeshadows, since everything else was cleaned out when I went.

For eyeshadow shades I picked up LOL, Lace, and Vixen. Vixen and Lace are both extremely similar, matte vanilla colors that I love using on the brow bone or to set my eye primer with. LOL on the other hand is kind of a bust; its a matte deep orange with a dry texture and sub-par pigmention, though I've managed to get use out of it by using it as a transition color.

The jumbo pencils I got are in Pots & Pans, Purple Velvet, Pure Gold, and Strawberry Milk, all of which are the same creamy consistency as the rest of the range. These pencils make great eyeshadow bases, and offer a ton of colors which is great for how affordable they are.


Next on my shopping list I had a few Wet N Wild products in mind, but decided to just pick up this contour palette duo for now in Dulce De Leche. I've been in the market for a contouring palette for a while now, and so far I love this! The color isn't too warm or too cool, and both powders are super soft and pigmented. Since both sides are matte, I prefer to use the highlight side as an all over setting powder which it works beautifully as.



Lastly, I picked up one of the Tsum Tsum chapsticks (eeek so cute!), and the two other Miss Manga mascaras from Loreal since Walgreens was running a sale plus buy one get one 50% off. I haven't opened the Black Angel version yet, but I did open the Rock and I like it! The bristles on the wand are super short and spread out which kind of gives a clumpy, spikey effect but it looks really sweet depending on the look I'm going for and gives a ton of volume to my short stubby lashes.

The Tsum Tsum chapstick is just.... so adorable. The actual amount of product you get is pretty teeny tiny but its a cute little collectors piece and I just had to have it. I'm really hoping they extend the range soon because guuurl I will totally start a little collection of these.


It's safe to say that for the most part, the drugstore has really been impressing me lately! I look forward to using these products a bit more and trying out a bunch of new stuff in the future.

What are some of your most recent drugstore purchases?


~~~
Shown Above:
Milani | Baked Blush in Corallina
Milani | Bella Eyes Gel Eyeshadow in Bella Chiffon
NYX | Hot Single Eyeshadows in Vixen, Lace, & LOL
NYX | Jumbo Eye Pencils in Pots & Pans, Purple Velvet, Pure Gold, & Strawberry Milk
Wet N Wild | Contouring Palette in Dulce De Leche
Loreal | Miss Manga Rock Mascara
Loreal | Miss Manga Black Angel Mascara
Tsum Tsum | Lip Smacker in Honey\Winnie the Pooh


No comments:

Post a Comment