August 17, 2016

MAC Haul | Good Luck Trolls Collection & More

MAC Haul | Good Luck Trolls Collection & More

I've been super excited for this collection to come out for months now and its finally here! The limited edition Good Luck Trolls Collection from MAC Cosmetics. This collection features a bunch of super fun packaged, colorful products, so I picked up two to try out for this order plus a couple other little extras that I'll include in this post as well.


From the collection, I decided to go with the pink toned Beauty Powder in Play It Proper, and the ultra unique lime green lipstick in Can't Be Tamed.

Can't Be Tamed is described as a sheer lime yellow with a lustre finish, and is surprisingly quite wearable because of the sheer coverage. You can pair different lip pencils underneath it to shift the color a bit depending on what look you're going for that day, and using bases like lip erases or white pencils to make the green pop even more. I'd say the color lasts on the lips for 2-4 hours before needing to be reapplied, and it's super comfortable in that time frame because of the semi-glossier finish.


Play It Proper on the other hand is described as a pastel soft pink with sparkles, with sheer color payoff which makes it great as an all over glow powder or a more subtle highlight when built up. I'll usually set my under eyes and oily areas with a normal setting powder, then take this on a big fluffy brush and dust it all over my face for a tiny bit of extra luminosity. Depending on what shade of highlighter I need that day, I'll sometimes take this on a smaller fluffy brush and build it up along the high points of my face for a pinky pearly glow. 



As for the few extra products I got, I FINALLY purchased my first Fix+ bottle, which has a ton of uses ranging from a primer and finishing spray as well as to spray on your brushes to bump up the pigment of products. It feels really light and refreshing on the face, and so far I'm really loving how multipurpose it is for the cost.

Not only that, but I got a small sample of Strobe Cream since every order comes with a sample now (PS I absolutely love this cream and plan on buying the full size next time), and a free single eyeshadow in the shade Sketch since they were doing a promotion with one free eyeshadow with your order. Talk about MAC having some incredible deals with this new website launch a few months back!


Are there any products you plan on picking up from this collection?
~~~~
Shown Above:



No comments:

Post a Comment