October 12, 2016

My 5 Product Picks For October

October Product Picks | Appropriate for the coming Fall & Halloween Season

Over the last few years, I've really grown a huge appreciation for the month of October. To me, not only is it the start of my favorite season, but it's also the time of year when we can dress up all crazy, wear really extravagant makeup, and be our super weird creepy selves without feeling awkward or different because of it. With that said, this month I started trading away my colorful eyes and nude lips for dark vampy and gothic shades via my entire wardrobe, so I thought I'd share some of the few products I've been loving for this month.


Sorry for the apparent abundance of Colourpop, I didn't realize I had added so many of their products until it came time to take pictures!

I've been huge into copper shades lately due to the changing season, so I had to make their Super Shock Shadow in Game Face my first pick. Not only do I love using this by itself, but I find it even better as a base for other shadows, so I can lay this down and place a similar eyeshadow over it with Fix+ to really give an eye catching, super foiled effect. 

Along with that, I'm including their black Lippie Stix in Bullchic and Ultra Satin liquid lip in Frick N Frack as my lip picks, since Bullchic is a very appropriate, midnight black shade which pairs perfectly with Halloween coming up, and Frick N Frack just being a beautiful mauvey brown shade for Fall. I will say that Bullchic is by no means matte in my opinion like Colourpop claims though, so expect a much creamier, slippery finish if you plan on ordering this.


As my nail polish choice, this Avon nail enamel in Lucky Penny screams Fall to me, and also coordinates with my copper obsession as mentioned earlier. This is part of the Nailwear Pro+ Sequins line, and I really enjoy the formula of most of the Avon colors I've tried thus far!

Lastly, I decided to add in Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner in Trooper as my fifth and final pick, since I think Fall is the prime time for mega dramatic, thick cat eyes. While I personally prefer brush tips and more of a matte formula, I think most people would find the felt tip on this much easier to work with for a beginner as it gives you tons of control and opaque coverage on one stroke so you don't have to keep going over the same lines over and over. I would say it leaves a satin finish, as it doesn't dry too matte or shiny.



What are some of your favorite products for the month of October? I'd love to pick a few more up!
~~~
Shown Above:



No comments:

Post a Comment