December 26, 2016

Christmas Haul 2016 | Palettes Galore

Holiday 2016 Makeup Haul | Kat Von D, Anastasia, & More

As usual, I never have anything to write about for months on end, then all of a sudden December rolls around and I don't have nearly enough time to get up all the posts I want to make! To kick things off, I'm sharing my haul with you guys of all the makeup products I received for Christmas yesterday. I didn't included any swatches this time around, but I'll be sure to feature all of these products in future posts, whether as a review or something a bit more interesting,



This was quite the Christmas for palettes, and I got some insanely incredible ones at that. From my boyfriend, I received the ever-so stunning Moonchild Glow Face Kit from Anastasia which has beautiful iridescent green, blue, purple, and pink highlighters, and the always controversial Lime Crime Venus II. 

While I'll be the first to admit Lime Crime has some sketchy business practices, both of their Venus palettes are absolutely amazing, and some of the most highly pigmented shadows I've used. If you're not a fan of the company or feel iffy purchasing directly from their site, I recommend going through a third party retailer like Dolls Kill or Urban Outfitters. It's a shame they've given themselves such a bad reputation, because I truly think you can't find colors like this anywhere else.



From my mom, I got the Too Faced Bon Bons palette as a complete surprise, and 2 that were on my wish list from Kat Von D which was the Shade & Light Eye Palette as well as -you're seeing right- the sold out Metal Matte palette! I am so beyond stoked about having the Metal Matte palette, as she got it from my local JCP Sephora that's a pretty low volume store and had one left hiding out in the back. If you can still get your hands on this, you reaaaally need to. It's massive and filled with creamy metallic goodness and some really unique mattes that are going to be a staple in a ton of my 2017 looks I'm sure.


I also received a couple of the Sugarpill Pro Pans in Love+, Tako, and Poison Plum to stick in their new pro palette as soon as I pick one up. Might be worth noting that for $10 each, these are quite a nice size! Along with that, my boyfriend got me the Holika Holika Gudetama makeup sponge that is quite possibly an even better version of the beauty blender, and my mom let me have her sample size Smashbox Primer Water from one of her gift sets.



Last but not least are a couple of Urban Decay lipsticks in Earthling, Oblivion, and Stark Naked, along with the Kat Von D Lightning Liner in Ludwig. Ludwig is such a sweet shade for an eyeliner (metallic amber, as they call it) and I'm super excited to play around with it. I've heard nothing but good things about the UD Vice Lipsticks as well so I'm stoked to have a couple of more interesting nudes in my collection.

That's about it guys! I'm so thankful for everything I received this year, and my family always manages to really go above and beyond during the holidays to outdo themselves every year. I hope you all had an amazing holiday, and a great new year to come. Merry Christmas nerds! 


What were some makeup products on your wishlist that you received this year?

~~~
Shown Above:
Anastasia Beverly Hills | Moonchild Glow Kit 
Lime Crime | Venus II Palette
Kat Von D | Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette
Kat Von D | Metal Matte Palette (Limited Edtion)
Kat Von D | Lightning Liquid Eyeliner in Ludwig
Sugarpill | Single Pro Eyeshadow Pans
Urban Decay | Vice Lipsticks
Holika Holika | Gudetama Egg Bun Puff



No comments:

Post a Comment