May 1, 2017

Lipstick Is My Vice | Urban Decay Junkie Lipstick Palette

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick Palette in Junkie | $20 on sale at Sephora

Sephora's VIB sales always seem to roll around at the worst time of year for me, so anytime I get that email for 15% off my order, I always scour the sale section of their site so I can get some kind of use for my code before it's too late. My face lit up when I saw that they still had the Urban Decay Lipstick Palette in Junkie in stock, and for only $20 at that!

This palette includes 12 wells of shades from Urban Decays Vice Lipstick line, and a killer retractable lip brush. When you first get it the bristles are packed together and rock hard though, so just make sure you loosen them up and clean them first before using! All 12 shades are permanent colors too, so if you see one or two you really like but don't want the whole palette you can get them separately.



I should've taken pictures before making these look all sad and used, sorry!
The palette itself is extremely well made. Not only is it nice and hefty with a big mirror, but it also has a cover over the lipsticks when you open it up to avoid any messiness that lip palettes usually tend to bring. This keeps all the wells in their own areas, and keeps anything from the outside world from sticking to them.

I already knew I really liked the Vice line from the previous full sized shades I've purchased, and these to me have just as nice of formulas. Be aware that there are tons of different finishes in this line, so not all the shades are meant to be matte/creamy/long wearing etc. Some are mega matte, some are metallic, some are sheer, and some are comfortable and creamy! That's what makes this palette so great; because you get a little bit of everything.


The -only- shades in the palette I was thrown off by was probably Junkie and Big Bang; I expected them to be much more opaque and shimmery, but the colors were quite muted when applied. Regardless, I still think they look mega pretty on, and matching lip liners underneath will greatly help the opacity as well.

My one and only beef with this palette is that because these need to be applied with a brush rather than straight from a tube, I find that I do have to use quite a bit of product for most of the colors to get a full application. For me its really not a problem, but if you don't have a ton of patience when it comes to your makeup or want something that's a little bit more user friendly, you might not reach for this all that often.


Overall, for $20 I really don't think you can go wrong with the Urban Decay Junkie Palette! Not only is it really well made physically, but the array of formulas, finishes, and shades really makes this a stand out palette for me, and something really unique and different to add to your makeup collection. If you can still get your hands on this while it's in stock, I wouldn't hesitate.


What's your opinion on lipstick palettes? Love em or hate em?

~~~
Shown Above:


No comments:

Post a Comment