July 9, 2017

Hyped | Coty Airspun Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder | $5.97

I'm definitely guilty of being that person who will see a product mentioned a hundred times, roll my eyes a bit thinking it can't -actually- be that great, then buy it the first chance I get just to see if the buzz is really worth it. Luckily this time my wallet didn't hurt too much in the process, as this Airspun Loose Face Powder from Coty was under $6 at my local Walmart.

While I know everyone isn't a fan of loose powder, I personally really like using loose powders to set my foundation. It feels like you get a much bigger bang for your buck than pressed powders, as they seem to last forever. They're also much more versatile, since you can use them to bake your face with, catch fallout, and much more.


Coty's Airspun Powder has become huge in the social media world, being up there with the Laura Mercier and RCMA powders I always hear everyone rave about. What really caught my eye with this is how big the jar is at a really affordable price. Not only that, but it's kinda pretty to look at!

This also comes with an old school powder puff that I do use on occasion if I don't feel like dirtying up my brush, and a few different shades. Unfortunately my Walmart was out of Translucent, so I ended up getting Naturally Neutral which still works with my skin.


For the formula itself, it seems like a pretty standard loose powder to me, which isn't a bad thing. However, the fragrance of this is a pretty big turn off; it's incredibly strong which I just don't like when powder is going to be flying around everywhere and being all over my face. It reminds me a bit of the Covergirl one I used to use in high school, which I also dislike because of the scent. It does a good job with baking and making my skin look set and smooth, but it's hard to look past the positives when its so pungent to the nose.


With that said, if you don't mind strong smells when it comes to makeup, I think this loose powder is a great affordable option. It sets makeup well and you get a ton in the jar for such a cheap price, but I don't know how fast I'd go out and repurchase it because its one of the few makeup products I get bothered by with a strong scent. All in all, it's hard for me to make a solid recommendation for this. If you're like me and want something with less of a scent, I'd recommend RCMA's Neutral Set Powder or the pricier Kat Von D Lock It Setting Powder.


Do strong fragrances in makeup turn you off, or does it not bother you most of the time?

No comments:

Post a Comment