August 15, 2017

Makeup News | Sephora's Stepping Up Their Game?


I haven't done a non-review related post in a while, so I thought I'd talk about some changes I've recently seen Sephora rolling out! Just like a few changes MAC made recently, Sephora seems to be stepping up their game with catering to more budget conscience consumers, with the launch of Weekly Wows, regular Reward Bazaar updates, and adding Colourpop to their brand line-up!

While the Reward Bazaar has been a thing for a while now, it seems like Sephora is keeping up with adding some pretty decent products, compared to the hot mess it was for years. Every Tuesday and Thursday new rewards drop for Beauty Insiders, ranging from 100 point small sample products to extravagant vacation getaways upwards of 30,000+ points (right now they're adding new rewards every day until August 19th). I've picked up a few of the smaller 100 point products, and honestly have liked them quite a bit, including a little Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick in Lovesick aka my new favorite color.

One of the things I was very happy to see when I loaded up the app a few days ago was a new "Weekly Wow' page. This is essentially one of the first times I've ever seen Sephora put products on an actual sale apart from being discontinued or with discount codes. Instead, they list a few products, ahem, best-sellers, every Thursday for a week that go 50% off. In the bunch this time was the Anastasia Contour Kits, Stila Eyeshadow Palettes, and a Tarte highlighter palette. Of course everything was sold out asap, but if this is something that sticks around (right now its only supposed to last until November), its a huge move for Sephora.

Lastly, and quite excitingly, Sephora has announced that Colourpop will be joining the crew this fall. That means that not only will Colourpop now be the cheapest brand that Sephora sells, but the prices are actually at a drugstore level. I know, I know. This is a massive deal because this means that Sephora is willing to get into the market of more affordable cosmetics, and I don't think Colourpop will be the last wallet friendly one they initiate. I'd really love to see some cool affordable indie brands make their way into the retail giant, because that means free Flash Shipping on every order and easy accessibility!


Are you excited about any of the new stuff that Sephoras doing? Will you be shopping there more because of it?

~~~
Current Favorites |

No comments:

Post a Comment