August 5, 2015

Current Favorites | July

Current favorite beauty products

It's been a few months since I posted about my current favorites ever since I added a favorite product widget to my sidebar, but I thought I would post one today to go a little more in depth into what I've been loving lately!

Many of these are reoccurring products (since I'm quite predictable and gravitate towards what I know I love), but hopefully I can share a few new thoughts on everything.


Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless Powder in Translucent | $7.99 
Despite buying a new MAC powder recently, I have to be honest and say that this powder has been the first choice in my makeup routine. It looks really matte and beautiful on the skin, and I find that I can build it up and really set my skin without it looking cakey or dry. It also doesn't bunch up in my laugh lines or nose area like some other powders can tend to do, so overall I'm really impressed.

Benefit Hoola Bronzer | $28
I just wrote a review on this bronzer that you can read here, but its something that has definitely been a staple for me lately. Since summer is starting to slowly wind down here in Ohio, I've been going less ham on my bronzer lately and Hoola has been the perfect choice to tone down my faux bronzey look. 

NYX Blushes | $5
NYX has always had one of my favorite blush formulas, and this month I really felt like they were all I was using. At $5 each, they're affordable enough that you can stock up on a few different shades to pair with any color scheme you might be going for that day. I actually posted about my collection of these a loooong time ago, but since the pictures and swatches were so bad back then I may do an updated post on all the colors I own real soon!


EOS Lip Balm in Sweet Mint | $2.99
My sister recently bought this for me and despite reading a plethora of both positive and negative reviews on these lip balms, I've actually really been enjoying this one! Mint chapsticks are my favorite anyways so that might be scoring points for itself, but I find that once you get through the first outer layer of product it really does become more moisturizing and its just a cute little product to carry around in your purse or sit on your nightstand. If you haven't liked these in the past but can't resist the adorable container, give this scent a try.

The Original Beauty Blender | $20
I don't think I've ever talked about this little guy on my blog before (right? RIGHT?!?) but this beauty blender is the only tool I've used exclusively for the past year to apply my foundation and concealer! Anytime I use a brush anymore I find myself setting it down and picking this right back up after a minute because I really don't think anything can compare to the way this leaves my skin looking. I've tried a Target dupe of this sponge before that didn't even come close in quality so honestly, while you may be thinking a 20 dollar sponge is ridiculous, it really is a life changer.


NYC Liquid Eyeliner | $2.99
I recently did a review here of this eyeliner, and it's been the only liner I've used all month long. It has a really good formula, a matte finish, and it lasts all day without bleeding, smudging, or flaking off the eye. Theres not much more you could ask for, right?

L'oreal Miss Manga Mascara | $7.99
I also did a first impression a while back on this mascara that you can read here, and I've been loving it ever since. It's probably my favorite drugstore mascara of all time, and beats out many of the higher end brands I've tried as well. If you're looking for something new and feel like you've tried all the Covergirl and Maybelline mascaras of the world, you should pick this up!

Colourpop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Bae | $5
OKAY YES GUYS I HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM. I don't even know how many favorites posts I've included this eyeshadow in but for some reason I just can't stop loving it. It works so well with my skintone and has the prettiest finish to it, with a dark purple base and light blue glitter. I love using this by itself or as a base under other blue shadows, and I'll finally be doing a picture tutorial with it soon so stay tuned!

Urban Decay Original Primer Potion | $20
I bought this primer for the first time last August at Sephora, and incredibly enough I'm still on my first tube of this stuff! I try to use all my eye primers pretty regularly so I can find which ones work for me and which ones don't, and I can easily say this was the favorite of mine this month. I just find that it makes all my eyeshadows apply easier and blend out more seamlessly, and its really not a terrible price for how long it lasts.


I guess the drugstore has really been my go to place for favorites this month! I kind of went through a period where I was constantly buying high-end products and didn't even give the makeup aisles at the drugstore a second look, but lately I've been wanting to see what they have to offer so if you have any affordable products you picked up recently that you can't live without now, let me know!

What are some of your favorite products from these last few summer months?

~~~
Shown Above:

Maybelline | Fit Me Matte & Poreless Powder in Translucent 
Benefit | Hoola Bronzer
NYX | Blushes
EOS | Lip Balm in Sweet Mint
Beauty Blender | Original
NYC | Liquid Eyeliner 
L'oreal | Miss Manga Mascara 
Colourpop | Super Shock Eyeshadow in Bae
Urban Decay | Original Primer Potion


   

No comments:

Post a Comment